• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Finally found out how to make fabric Shaders...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One of the guys on the SM Poser forum has some procedural textures made with Cycles nodes, so I'm sure you'll be able to translate yours over to Poser too.

eclark1894

Distinguished
One of the guys on the SM Poser forum has some procedural textures made with Cycles nodes, so I'm sure you'll be able to translate yours over to Poser too.
I'm finding that Cycles is seriously crippled in Poser. Some missing nodes and simple abilities that are available in Blender are not there in Poser's Cycles. That was the main impetus behind my buying the Cycles Encyclopedia, so I could better understand the shaders and what they're supposed to do and how they work. The key to all of them seem to be node groups and Cycles' color coding system which Poser doesn't use on it's nodes.

So while I can rebuild MOST of the shaders, I either have to leave some nodes out and hope the shader works anyway, or find a substitute that does the same thing or close to it.

eclark1894

Distinguished
Hmm, something went horribly wrong. I rebult a couple of the shader s from Chocofur in Poser. But as I said, Cycles is somewhat crippled in Poser by the lack of several nodes. So I tried substituting the HSV node for the RGB Curves node. Then made the Diffuse color input red. So naturally it came out green.:unsure:

shader.png