• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Feed Your Muse Render Challenge! - CLOSED

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Join our "Feed Your Muse" Render Challenge!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK folks, our judges, Pendraia and Seliah, have spoken!!!

And the winners are (drum roll please):

First Place - Taking a Closer Look at Humans by Dan30
Second Place - Butterfly Thoughts and Pegacorn Dreams by Dakorillon
Third Place - Feeding Time for The Muse Committee by Rowan54
Honorable Mention - Twins by Luannemarie

Congratulations to the winners!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides being one of nine goddesses of the inspiration of literature, science, and the arts in mythology, the modern muse is what we need to manifest what we desire to create, so why don't we use our art to depict how our muse inspires each of us. For those who aren't quite sure what a "muse" is, read Lisa's Remember to Feed The Muse!

Show us your muse and how you feed him/her/it/them?

Comedy is welcome. Keep it family friendly.

Renders must include the following:

At least one HiveWire family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use.

Please see the HiveWire May Flowers Sale for your render ideas.

Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines:
  • 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
  • 1MB max file size for images
  • 10MB max file size for video

A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.

You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.

This thread is for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders.
You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.

When you have decided your image is final post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to a private media album for blind judging.

No artist information will be shown in the private media album, so please refrain from adding any copyright information that you may usually add to your renders.

Categories and Prizes

1st Place

• $25 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content

2nd place
  • $20 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content

3rd place
  • $15 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content

Honorable Mention
  • $10 towards HiveWire 3D Original Content

This render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, May 25, 2018 (MDT).

Please post your final renders here in this thread.

Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.

Please do not post your entries in any of the General Forum threads, or in the HiveWire Galleries, until after the Render Challenge has ended and the winners have been announced. We would also prefer you not post your entries on forums, and in galleries, on other sites until the Render Challenge has ended.

Because the Render Challenge is Blind Judged, the judges do not view the Render Challenge thread until after the winners are announced.

Judges: Pendraia and Seliah

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
To feed your muse. Most artists have a muse that directs them to do specific types of artwork. What we would like to see, is what everyone's muse is showing them.

I suppose we could've called it, Let Your Muse Feed You, because in the end, a muse feeds you with ideas for your artwork, not the other way around. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
LOL Earl, good to see you back :)

I was afraid to ask in case I seemed silly. Even googling the subject brought up vague answers. But I think I get it now.
Don't feel silly. Anything can be a muse really.
For example if I don't feel inspiration to do anything in particular, I usually fall back on nature and my love for animals, I can usually find something to do.
Or if my muse has really gone on holiday, I look at facebook and one of the Daz closed groups Dax is a part of, it has weekly challenges (RAD or "Render A Day") and that usually inspires me (they are always different and can really push you out of the comfort zone, thanks @Dakorillon (IMArts)! LOL)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
LOL Earl, good to see you back :)

Don't feel silly. Anything can be a muse really.
For example if I don't feel inspiration to do anything in particular, I usually fall back on nature and my love for animals, I can usually find something to do.
Or if my muse has really gone on holiday, I look at facebook and one of the Daz closed groups Dax is a part of, it has weekly challenges (RAD or "Render A Day") and that usually inspires me (they are always different and can really push you out of the comfort zone, thanks @Dakorillon (IMArts)! LOL)

Thank you for the shout out! I do try to come up with unusual things. Helps me to grow, helps others to grow. And even long time artists need a little inspiration sometimes!

I'm looking forward to this challenge! I'm gonna have to think about it now!

Oh, and anyone who uses DS is welcome to the group on facebook, sorry they don't accept Poser in that group. DAZ Studio Addicts. (And yes, we really encourage HiveWire3d characters be used!)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am primarily a pinup artist (for those who haven't noticed already) - I celebrate female beauty in my particular style. But if you ask me for my muse, it's pretty random. Sometimes completely random things trigger an urge to depict a certain idea. I never run out of ideas, unless I am stressed out. Even when I plan to do something a certain way, the end result will generally be different, because I start tweaking and new things come out that I like better - unless it's a paid commission.

Therefore, my muse is completely random, so I don't know what the theme is here. What is it, exactly?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I guess its anything that usually sparks your creativity Ken, like I mentioned above mine normally comes from mother nature, sounds like yours is the female form :) (looking at a lot of Stezza's stuff, I think his muse must be a little warped LOL)

When we were discussing a new challenge and this theme was mentioned I immediately pictured in my head me feeding an earth goddess yummy cupcakes, lucky I'm not entering hey (which is why I said comedy welcome)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I guess its anything that usually sparks your creativity Ken, like I mentioned above mine normally comes from mother nature, sounds like yours is the female form :) (looking at a lot of Stezza's stuff, I think his muse must be a little warped LOL)

When we were discussing a new challenge and this theme was mentioned I immediately pictured in my head me feeding an earth goddess yummy cupcakes, lucky I'm not entering hey (which is why I said comedy welcome)
I think you nailed it Rae. Whatever turns you on, 3D graphically speaking, is fine. We just want you to get an idea, and then create a 3D render that conveys the idea. Don't forget, there's lots of stuff in the April Showers sale that might inspire you, annnnnd, the upcoming sale in May might help as well.

Then again, there's Ken's Audubon sale that's running now which might give you ideas as well. Just be sure to use one of the HiveWire characters in the scene, and you're good to go. :D

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am primarily a pinup artist (for those who haven't noticed already) - I celebrate female beauty in my particular style. But if you ask me for my muse, it's pretty random. Sometimes completely random things trigger an urge to depict a certain idea. I never run out of ideas, unless I am stressed out. Even when I plan to do something a certain way, the end result will generally be different, because I start tweaking and new things come out that I like better - unless it's a paid commission.

Therefore, my muse is completely random, so I don't know what the theme is here. What is it, exactly?

What does your muse look like today?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
sounds like yours is the female form

Indeed, basically ALL my renders have the female form. So the theme here is whatever people like to render?

What does your muse look like today?

If my muse is what I like to depict, then it is the same as 20 years ago - a celebration of the female figure.

Now I wonder if this means theme here is.... no theme? Whatever people like to render, as long as it involved a HW figure?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
You'll need to be creative and think outside yourself for a moment or two. Who is the invisible voice inside you that tells you to create? What does it look like? Who is the character who insists you celebrate the female form? Who is your alter-ego? Your inspiration from within? Your muse?

Miss B

CV-BEE
If my muse is what I like to depict, then it is the same as 20 years ago - a celebration of the female figure.
As Lisa said, think outside the box for a moment. Most of your renders, at least your current ones, are "portraits". How about taking one of your lovely ladies and placing her in a scene that tells us a story? IOW, try to convey a message with one of your ladies.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You'll need to be creative and think outside yourself for a moment or two. Who is the invisible voice inside you that tells you to create? What does it look like? Who is the character who insists you celebrate the female form? Who is your alter-ego? Your inspiration from within? Your muse?

Erm... I am a guy, and I love women at genetic level. I was born with a Y chromosome and hormones that dictate that behavior. I don't think a muse is required for that to happen. That is also why I don't like men in my renders. Men are made of straight, angular lines, and I like CURVES. LOL I wish I had a better or prettier explanation that involved an alter-ego, a character, or thinking outside the box.

The only particular thing is that my dad is Japanese, and I carry that cultural baggage that influences my character style. To me, style and aesthetics outweigh realism by a long shot. But that is just HOW I do things, not WHAT drives me to do it. The driving force is beyond me. It already came pre-installed from factory, and it's not particular to me. It's natural, biological, and of divine origin.

I can't place a muse on this. I just like to depict beautiful, feminine, exuberant females. I am a guy and it makes me happy. :)

Last edited:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Maybe this will help you Ken.
Originally the 9 muses were the daughters of Zeus and they respresent the inspiration for various Art, Science & Philosophy.
They are the personification of what inspires you to create your Art, discover scientific facts or enter a level of spiritual awareness.
I wonder what they would look like in this modern world?