• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Feed Your Muse Render Challenge! - CLOSED

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry. I thought you just wanted clarification as to why 'We would also prefer you not post your entries in galleries on other sites until the Render Challenge has ended.' I didn't realize you wanted to know whether doing so would disqualify your entry.

I've passed on your question to the other Community Volunteers as to whether posting elsewhere would disqualify your entry, and someone will post a response once we've discussed it.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
FINAL RENDER

Title - Delta Dawn :alien:

Delta Dawn.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Final Render
Out of cheese or Keeping your Muse happy

Me: Hello? How about some input? Some inspiration? I am sitting here high and dry!
Muse: Sorry? You really expect me to work while having nothing to wear?!
Me: But that dress there is really nice.
Muse: You must be joking! I look like living Death!*
Me: Well, then what about this little vampire number?
Muse: Please. “rolls eyes” Vampires are so last century! No... I really can't find any inspiration with rags like that. Go out and buy me something nice.
Me: But... but... I don't have any money to buy nice clothes... I haven't sold a thing for ages! I ran out of inspiration months ago!
Muse: So what? That's not MY problem!
Me: ...

*So yes.. I stole that dress from 'Deathvigil'.

feeding the muse.jpg

Items used:
Dawn SE and standard hair
All dresses done by me
Create a Room by collective3d
Artistic clutter from Studio Paris by Age or Armour's
Coal Stove by tentman
Dimension Theory's HDRI
Ghost Light Kit by KindredArts

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thank you for trying to explain it to me, but you have not actually answered my question. Is it a preference or a disqualifying restriction? I happen to use different user names on other sites and, as I expressed above , I cannot see how is this relevant in anyone seeing my name" attached" to anything.
The original statements have been updated a bit, so as now stated in the initial render challenge post:

"Please do not post your entries in any of the General Forum threads, or in the HW Galleries, until after the Render Challenge has ended and the winners have been announced", as stated is a "restriction", so will disqualify the entry.

"We would also prefer you not post your entries on forums, and in galleries, on other sites until the Render Challenge has ended", as stated is a "preference", and will not disqualify the entry.

As far as having your name, be it Dan30 or something else, on your render posted on another forum, or in another gallery, is not the issue. The issue is the render itself. Yes we want them "blind judged", but even with a different artist name on your render elsewhere, the render is still the same, and we prefer our judges not see them before it's time to judge.

The issue with the name on the render is because we all have favorite artists whose renders we like a lot, and we don't want the judges to be influenced in that manner. Granted if you upload it to another forum or gallery with another artist name on the render, this issue won't be involved. It's just a preference to make sure the judges don't see any of the renders beforehand. Can we guarantee the judges "will" see them on another forum or gallery? Of course not, but you never know, so we added the "preference" for folks to consider.

That all said, your entry is very well done, and I hope your muse will inspire you to upload another entry, or two, as I know I enjoy seeing them. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
love the expression on the dog Dan30 (and I like little details like the dragonfly too)

luannemarie

Busy Bee
My muse is animals.
Their eyes tell their story.
Thery are not judgmental, they do not lie, they are not deceitful, they are not revengeful.
They are genuine, they are accepting, they are trusting, they are loyal for life, they are dedicated.
They are what they appear - honest in every way.

FINAL RENDER
Title: Oasis of Peace
Oasis of Peace 101z.jpg

Last edited:

Carey

Extraordinary
My muse is animals.
Their eyes tell their story.
Thery are not judgmental, they do not lie, they are not deceitful, they are not revengeful.
They are genuine, they are accepting, they are trusting, they are loyal for life, they are dedicated.
They are what they appear - honest in every way.

FINAL RENDER
Title: Oasis of Peace
View attachment 37579
oooww la la