• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, these are the mane, tail, fetlock textures I've been working on. Opinions on which ones are worth continuing to perfect and work up body textures for. (Although they work pretty good with the unicorn!) I'm very excited that I was able to get the actual unicorn and Beast today! (And the classic saddle!) Currently, these are ONLY texture files, other work to come after I see which ones would be interesting to folks. Thanks for looking. And if there is a better way to do this, please let me know, I don't want to upset people or especially the moderators. Dark Cosmos MTF.jpg Dark Pastel MTF.jpg Dark Rainbow MTF.jpg Dark White MTF- Med Ambient.jpg Dark White MTF.jpg Flowered MTF.jpg Galaxy MTF.jpg Galaxy3 MTF.jpg Misty White MTF.jpg Natural White MTF.jpg Ocean Abalone MTF.jpg Pastel Pink MTF.jpg Peacock MTF.jpg Rainbow MTF- Alt Mane.jpg Rainbow MTF.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi Dakorillon, I particularly like the ones with the white spots (1, 7, 8), they remind me of stars in a galaxy :) and of course I love the last one in post 2 as that's my fave colour (love bluey greens and greeny blues so aqua/turquosie/teals are right up my ally :p)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hi Dakorillon, I particularly like the ones with the white spots (1, 7, 8), they remind me of stars in a galaxy :) and of course I love the last one in post 2 as that's my fave colour (love bluey greens and greeny blues so aqua/turquosie/teals are right up my ally :p)

Yeah, those hit my happy button, too! And yes, they are galaxy textures, so glad that that came through. Thank you for your opinion! I really respect your work!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't wait to see more.
After I get my current projects under control, I have a Peacock texture to get back to and your green/blue MTFs would look pretty good with it :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 Yes, I think that would look pretty good with your peacock textures if you wanted to go a different direction instead of the feather mane, tail, and fets. Looking forward to Bejeweled though!!

@Dakorillon Out of the set of 20, I like the following. 2, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 19 that would give you a set of 8 if you decided to do coat textures for them also.

I've been kicking around some like this, but I really don't have the time to get them out now with so many projects going on at once.
sspar copy.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 Yes, I think that would look pretty good with your peacock textures if you wanted to go a different direction instead of the feather mane, tail, and fets. Looking forward to Bejeweled though!!

The Bejeweled sets are beautiful!

@Dakorillon Out of the set of 20, I like the following. 2, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 19 that would give you a set of 8 if you decided to do coat textures for them also.

I've been kicking around some like this, but I really don't have the time to get them out now with so many projects going on at once.
View attachment 12456

I know everyone is super busy, you all put out so much product! Thank you for taking a look, and Yes, I'm planning on eyes and coats to go with them. I have a thread in the main Harry development area with questions on eyes, and have my first eye there, since it's not technically fantasy. I love the Aurora Borealis and stars in your picture! Like Rae said, I'm a sucker for Blues/Teal/and Purples for me.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
There are lots of great ones there. I thought I'd just say my absolute favorites just to help you decided which ones you want to spend effort on. 1, 3, and 13. Also I love both 7 and 8, and also 13 and 14 but since those are similar sets, I'd pick 7 and 13.

Lots of the others are great a well, but I was trying to be picky on purpose.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
There are lots of great ones there. I thought I'd just say my absolute favorites just to help you decided which ones you want to spend effort on. 1, 3, and 13. Also I love both 7 and 8, and also 13 and 14 but since those are similar sets, I'd pick 7 and 13.

Lots of the others are great a well, but I was trying to be picky on purpose.

Thank you! I was looking for picky, and 3 sets of votes picked mostly the same ones, so I think that really helps to narrow it down! Thank you all who voted! Now to do skins and eyes, and maybe beards, horns and lion tails for those with the unicorn, too.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have the eyes mostly done, just have to narrow down the ones I like best for each of the sets. I do have a question about transmaps. If I'm doing my own M/T/Fs, do I need to do my own transmaps, too? I've just been changing the texture file and leaving everything else the same, but if I'm packaging at some point, do I need a different set? Not sure how that works.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Will it be for sale or freebie?
The HW Horse textures are not a merchant resource, so for a freebie you could package it without them and tell people to use Harry's MTF trans.
But for a commercial product you'd need to do your own (same with bumps etc, you'd need to do everything from scratch).

Can't wait to see your textures altogether :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looks great. The only thing I can think of is maybe the bit of magenta/pink about 3/4 of the way down is too bright compared to the rest of the colors. I love how you have a full range of colors peaking out down the mane, but that one section is much brighter than the rest and it kind of pulls the eye away from the face. But it is really lovely.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looks great. The only thing I can think of is maybe the bit of magenta/pink about 3/4 of the way down is too bright compared to the rest of the colors. I love how you have a full range of colors peaking out down the mane, but that one section is much brighter than the rest and it kind of pulls the eye away from the face. But it is really lovely.

When the mane isn't in the "Twisted mode, it doesn't show as much, but I'll take a look at the map again. Thank you for the comments!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I got the tail trans done, and now onto the fetlocks. I've been thinking about the coat, not sure if they should match, be slightly lighter, slightly darker, or mimic real coats (like pinto or appy) with the matching colors. So many choices! I'm also looking at how to break it up. (Elemental, Colored, Gemstone, Nature, etc. Or just do a really big one.)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Peacock Unicorn Peek.jpg Okay, All transmaps completed for the moment (still have to do the short mane and tail, I guess). This is the Unicorn with the peacock textures and eyes. Next to figure out the coat, the template looks NOTHING like a horse. lol.