• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Dakorillon, is this the sort of tongue you were after? It took me less than 10 mins to do this so it could probably do with some more refining of shape...
Dragon tongue for harry.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know so little about Poser, but I know people still like it and HiveWire is supporting it, so I guess I'll eventually figure out how to do stuff with it!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hope so! I want to support Poser people, too! Poser 5 was my first 3d modeling program, but never figured out how to use it! not even to load a single character! So, then I got DAZ, thinking it might be easier.....nope, didn't figure out how to even load a character and dress it there! Then about a year ago, I figured out how to dress it, as long as everything matched!. Finally, last Nov/Dec I decided I would just watch videos and bug people till I figured it out, and now here I am! So, Poser conversions, welcome! Thank you for the amazing work you are doing! This is going to be so cool!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I haven't dropped off the face of the earth on this or the Fantasy MTF's, just been doing the Luna Diapers and Sleepers, which has been good for me learning the system some. They are finished except for all the packaging. And I have the second set of skins done for the Fantasy MTFs, Going through and cleaning up seams. I have a bunch of Textures for the DragonSteed, but have seams to clean up there, too. So, they are in the works.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
how do you get Small details to look sharp without stretching when they are in stretchy places? CRCW? Any hints? I'm putting some marks on places that have a lot of stretching like knees, and such? My texture image is 3K x 3K. The marks look fine on the texture, but once wrapped, they are pixelated and stretched. Very frustrating.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, I tried doing a new texture that was 6k x 6k, in the paint program, it looks beautiful, on the model, pixelated as all get out. :(

Edit: I tried rendering, so I could post a picture of the issue.....and the render isn't pixelated at 3K or 6K. Really weird. So, yeah, ignore all that above. lol

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I would go back and check your transmaps and make sure there are no areas that might have a hint of anything white in the black space.

Hmm also did you render in Iray? If you render with the Uber Shader in 3Delight it sometimes has a funky white look to it. So make sure your render setting is in Iray.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just a tease for the Fantasy textures coming! Doing the last texture tests (those rotten seams!) before doing the package it up thing! Thanks for the like!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have gone over the Trans map and the spec map and I can't figure out what is causing this! Any clues? or someone just want to take a look at the jpgs? It says it's Tail 17 that these are showing up on. Arg!

Trans Issue.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, hit me with a clue by four. I went back and looked again, this time individually at the transmaps IN Daz, and found I had an old map still in