• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Everyday Poses for Dawn and Dusk, please

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The music box sounds like fun. We could always resize the smaller version of the horse (pony), and the big cat (cub) (which would include the lion).

eclark1894

Visionary
Just out of curiosity, what is the average number of poses that YOU think should be in a Pose set, and what is the cost YOU would pay for it. We're not talking exact amount, here. Ballpark will due if it will make you part with your hard earned money.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You know, Earl, honestly I buy poses for 2 reasons:

First and foremost to support HW vendors; and
While I can pose figures, it is the least enjoyable part of Poser for me, so I buy poses that are a starting point so I can make minor changes for my specific needs.

Last edited:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Because the hands are one of the most difficult things to pose, the technique I use, as described above, works especially well.
Make the hand look nice and natural, then make the prop to fit the hand. Like this:
View attachment 31059

It's what I find the most difficult aswell. The hands always take the most of my time.
Maybe I'm a nitpicker but I want to create it as natural as I possibly can achieve.

I really bit off a chunk when I decided to make poses for my Jazz Piano item.
The keyboard was made by first modeling one octave to fit V4's hand.
But you probably know that figure's hands don't work very well.
So the poses are for uh, I think 20 jazz chords or so. Got about half done so far and it's been months for sure.
I get burned out on it.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
At the moment I have the same frustration with the Ballroom poses. I decided to convert them to Genesis but the hands are so different from Dawn & Dusk. The way I posed them for Dawn & Dusk is absolutely not possible for Genesis. So for me to poses them exactly the same so that they really hold each others hands the way it's done in ballroom has become a nightmare, I have to approach it in a total different way.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
At the moment I have the same frustration with the Ballroom poses. I decided to convert them to Genesis but the hands are so different from Dawn & Dusk. The way I posed them for Dawn & Dusk is absolutely not possible for Genesis. So for me to poses them exactly the same so that they really hold each others hands the way it's done in ballroom has become a nightmare, I have to approach it in a total different way.

Ohhhhh.....and your hand poses in that set are just majestic! Don't give up.

I have Dusk and made hand poses for him playing the Jazz Bass.
The only difficulty was that Dusk and M4 have different proportions, that is Dusk is a bigger man with smaller hands.
And the Jazz Bass was designed for M4.
But Dusk's hands work very well. Far easier to pose than M4's
What I find to be the strangest, as relates to the DAZ characters is the thumb.
It seems to me that the base of my thumb either rotates, or bends.
Like what is maybe 'Up-Down' on the base of the thumb should combine a twist.
You know, because rotating that 'joint' is what makes the thumb 'appose' the palm.
So any change to 'Up-Down' needs to be compensated with a 'Twist'. Or something like that.
It's very weird.

I experimented with the base thumb joint, trying out that last idea.
Put a Master Parameter on thumb1 , start learning, set it for 1 and set Up/Down to -10 and Twist to 80
Set the Master Parameter to 0 and then set Up/Down and Twist to 0.
Stop learning, and named it 'Thumb Oppose'.
Works pretty nicely. That's on M4 though.
If the Genesis Male has similar crazy rigging on the hands you might be able to set up some things like that so the posing goes better.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here's my progress so far. How do they look?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm about a month out from completing these. There's gonna be quite a few more, washing dishes, drinking wine, turning on light switch . . .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, these are a good reason for Earl to finish his House set.

If you have time, I'd include opening a refrigerator door. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
looks good, cant wait!

some suggestions, feel free to ignor :p : on mobile phone, ipad, drinking coffee, putting on makeup

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I reworked the hands on writing. The easiest way to pose things is to hold the object then look at your hand and do that pose. I'm left handed though and I figure Dawn must be right handed. So I posed the left hand, transferred it to the right, played around with it more. Oh I modeled some eye shadow and an eye shadow brush so I can get that pose started.