• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's Poser Content Directory

eclark1894

Visionary
Do you have a private server, or is it on a shared hosting plan?

Dana
No, it's just a regular laptop. But I think the problem is something else. Still, I've seen enough about how to set the database up, so I need to figure out a way to get it open.

DanaTA

Distinguished
You need to create a connection and access that connection via a script or an interface. MS SQL Server uses an interface called SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). I don't know what MySQL has, but I'm sure there's something. I think it was referenced in one of those posts I sent in private messaging. Basically, in a script, you have to create a connection object, set the connection string (which contains the server path and the password), envoke the Open( ) command of the connection object and query the database via the object.

Dana