• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Earl's Poser Content Directory

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh ok, I think of accessories like jewellery or weapons lol. And I think of Figures as people (where I do animals and clothing) :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Can anyone tell me is Ironman and Ironman 13 are the same vendor? Also need to know for Islandgirl and Islandgirldesign?
Islandgirl and Islandgirldesign are most likely the same person. I have a lot of her products - poses mostly - and the items usually have "IGD" at the start of the names.

I don't know anyone by Ironman, but Ironman13, or I13 as her products usually are named, has obviously changed her vendor name. I have a lot of her work that she did in conjunction with Fugazi1968. Not sure if they're married, or just work together on projects, but they all now have Fugazi1968 and "biglovepose" as the vendors, including all the older products I bought a few years ago.

Kerya

Brilliant
Ironman:
Is Ironman same as i13?

I can confirm Ironman is Mike of Ironman13.

Ironman13 was a partnership between Mike and his wife, but due to circumstances it's not my place to discuss, that partnership ended.

Mike is unable to use the i13 brand and has been working with me (as we have for many years) to continue to create and release content.

I can confirm I'm not Mikes Daughter :D I'm a man and older than him, so that doesn't work on all sorts of levels :D

i3D_Lotus is his very talented daughter, bless her.

Hope helps :)

John (Fugazi1968)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Kerya, as that definitely explains things better. :)

I was not aware of i3D_Lotus, so just went and took a look, and she does nice work, that's for sure.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, I can use a little feedback. If you could log into the home page of my directory and see if you can see a Search bar and if it will let you type in it, I'd appreciate it. The Search bar should be up near the top of the page where the Home... News... and Blog links are. The Search Bar will not return any information as it and the Contact Us links are just there at the moment, they don't actually do anything. But I'd like your feedback to see if they do show up and that you can type it them at the moment. You can use the link in my signature below.

eclark1894

Visionary
Would you prefer the directory list them in alphabetic order or by who makes what like it is now? Unless I hire someone to help me, I don't think you can have both, and I'm retired, just so you know. I can't afford to hire anybody.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Under the category, the vendors are all over the place. Makes it hard to spot any one in particular. Is this in a database, or just manually entered lists in HTML?

I guess categories in alphabetic order would be good, too, but there aren't as many of them, so it's not quite as bad.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just tried the Search bar, and I can type in it without any problems. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Under the category, the vendors are all over the place. Makes it hard to spot any one in particular. Is this in a database, or just manually entered lists in HTML?

I guess categories in alphabetic order would be good, too, but there aren't as many of them, so it's not quite as bad.

Dana
I just created a database of vendors for DAZ, Renderosity, CG Bytes, Poser World, etc. so I have a number of vendors named, but not what they create. Hopefully, The search bar, provided you know the name of the vendor you looking for, will return a vendor's link's where you can find his work.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It seems the site is all hand-coded, no scripting that I can see. So, do you create a spreadsheet and then copy the data from the columns? Actual relational database? Just wondering how you get the data to the pages.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Is it an actual relational database, or an Excel file?

Dana
Sorry, it's taken me so long to get back to you. I'm TRYING to learn how to code using php and sql. Not succeeding at all, mind you. The database will be in SQL assuming I ever learn how to do it right. I'm hopeful though. To try and answer your last question though, what I'm TRYING to do is have people type a vendor's name in the search box and click submit. That will start the script that will send the command to search the database and retrieve all the links matching the vendor's name. I just found out though that I may even be able to go a step further. Let's say someone want to find the Hivewire Tiger, but they don't know Hivewire makes it. They type Tiger in the search bar and the Hivewire Tiger is one of the link results returned. ... HOPEFULLY. :)

Well, back to reading.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Just so everyone knows, yes, you can still use the Directory, just not the Search Engine... yet. I'm having a slight issue with my search engine. I believe i can get it to work, but for the life of me I can't get my SQL database to work.