• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

D'you suppose this would have any interest?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Horseshoes is what I'm talking about, smart props most likely, with various morphs and add-ons like heel studs. Maybe someone already has one at a later stage of development anyway?

Forelegs.png Toe clip.pngQuarter clips.png
Basic shoe (forelegs).......................Toe clip morph........................Quarter clip morph

Flat Plate.png Plain.png Hunter.png
Flat plate.........................................Basic/plain shoe .....................Hunter/fullered shoe

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've never seen horseshoes for our 3D horsies.

That could be rather cool. And it would open up the need for a few other things like ... a Farrier's clothing and tools!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Harry has been running around with bare feet for way too long, HaiGan, he could do with some shoes :)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
And it would open up the need for a few other things like ... a Farrier's clothing and tools!
It's a PG site, or I'd comment. ;)

Harry has been running around with bare feet for way too long, HaiGan, he could do with some shoes
Barefoot can be good too, but maybe it would be nice to have options. Hmmm... hoof boots... hipposandals...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I think these would be great. So many of Harry's poses show the bottoms of his hoofs, and I often notice that he doesn't have any shoes, when he should. I think this would be a great option.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Having shoes for the horse really makes sense, most domestic horse wear shoes.
I think about the only ones that don't are the few wild ones left in the world.
I can it leading to a blacksmith, a blacksmith shop with the irons and tongs, anvils, hammers, the big thing that holds water, an apron and the furnace or whatever it is called....wow! :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Unless I misunderstood what I'd read, isn't a Farrier a person who shoes horses?

Or ... did I step in a pile of you know what ?!? ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It is the same as Blacksmith but I just didn't want to try and wrap my foggy brain on that spelling....lol.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
In the modern day, a farrier can do the blacksmithing part of making horseshoes, but is also a highly-trained and highly-skilled individual who can work in coordination with a veterinary surgeon to perform remedial or medical shoeing, as well as shoing horses with less complex needs. Someone who calls themselves a blacksmith (in the UK, which is where I am) is probably not a farrier and likely doesn't shoe horses, and in some countries would not be ALLOWED to shoe horses because you need a specific qualification to do so.

In the past, a blacksmith did all metalwork (well, iron/steel) including shoeing horses. I'm not sure exactly when the distinction came into being. In the fantasy settings I can think of they're the same thing as well.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Horseshoes is what I'm talking about, smart props most likely, with various morphs and add-ons like heel studs. Maybe someone already has one at a later stage of development anyway?

Didn't you do horseshoes for the Poser horse? Or was it the MilHorse? I think it was you. These are also very cool.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
HaiGan, thank you for the explanation.
I knew that farrier was not exactly the same as a regular blacksmith.
But I didn't know all the thing they do.
I love this site, there is so much to learn. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Cool option to have out there....and not only for Harry but the old Milhorse too.
I got most of your offerings for the old "long in the tooth" P4 horse and used all of them I could find.
Nice yo see you are still in the community.