• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Special Edition Is Now Here!!

Nod

Adventurous
I like what I'm seeing too Nod...I'm wandering which morph packs you have...I thought I'd seen a morph for his iris size but maybe I'm wrong or it's in one of the additional morph packs.

Just checked and I do have an iris size morph...it may take me a while to check which pack it came with though...I let you know.

Yeah, those were the first that I got. I've had to use that, as I think his irises are too big as I said before. Try as I might, I can't get any decent detail re bags, etc.

Thanks for the comments on what I did with Dusk. I won't do any more to him though, as I just don't like Dusk. I am doing quite a few things for Dawn's String Bikini, and Dawn herself.

I think my favourite male Poser character is Koji.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Strange... when your looking at the hair prop in the Scene tab is there a little X next to the eye icon by any chance?
In the spirit of my computer making me look like an idiot.... I opened Dusk, I imported a hair set (a V4 one, to be persnicketty), told it not to auto fit. Then adjusted the hair to fit. Then dropped it onto the Head group. (Where it went flying), pulled it back in place (it actually moved, which it often doesn't) and then selected several poses, where upon....it moved with the character.

I then tried it with a V3 hair and then a Genesis hair, and each time following the above, it stayed with Dusk.....so, I am now a fibber.

I think maybe before I was fitting to Dusk using the Dawn selection or something.

But, no "x". What does that do?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks. As I've already said, I won't be doing any more to it, as I just don't like Dusk.
Well, speaking for myself of course, I'm sorry you won't be doing any more work on it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In the spirit of my computer making me look like an idiot.... I opened Dusk, I imported a hair set (a V4 one, to be persnicketty), told it not to auto fit. Then adjusted the hair to fit. Then dropped it onto the Head group. (Where it went flying), pulled it back in place (it actually moved, which it often doesn't) and then selected several poses, where upon....it moved with the character.

I then tried it with a V3 hair and then a Genesis hair, and each time following the above, it stayed with Dusk.....so, I am now a fibber.

I think maybe before I was fitting to Dusk using the Dawn selection or something.

But, no "x". What does that do?
Oh yea, never fit a hair prop to another figure, most of the time, unless you have a proper fit. One of my "go to" hairs that I still love to pieces is from AprilYSH (Portia Hair) and I created a custom fit for my Tina shape so it's perfectly fine and it IS fitted but for MOST hair props it's just better to parent without using the "Fit To" option that way you retain morphs and the hair works as expected.

Nod

Adventurous
Well, speaking for myself of course, I'm sorry you won't be doing any more work on it.
I'm rubbish at specular maps. It's taken me five years to do a couple of V4 textures, just because I can't get them to my liking. :D
I did this one of Dawn three years ago. The string bikini texture was last year. :laugh:

Dawn Test.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey, that's better than me. I've never even successfully created a good Diffuse map for a character. I'm fine with textures for props/environment stuff and clothing, but V4, Dawn, whomever? Nope. Not. Me!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's yet another Dusk SE look. Different hair this time. But this is still a great look for the face and torso of Dusk SE.

We're excited that Dusk SE will be completely backwards compatible with your previous Dusk shapes, such as Rodrigo, Nataani, Marcello, Dante and others. Dusk SE will load in by default, but it you want a previous Dusk character or shape, you simply dial in the original Dusk head, body, or head with body, and dial on your previous character, or add in previous body dials for example. All existing HiveWire expressions and head shaping meant for Dusk will work at 100 % with Dusk SE.

Addt_StoreBanner 1Test.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Great render Chris. BTW, what hair is that, as I don't recognize it?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Would have to ask Virtual World. It's one that she's acquired elsewhere.

Perhaps she can chime in to your question.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah. I doubt I'd like mocha ice cream either. Since it has coffee in it! I just don't get the appeal of forcing oneself to consume something icky so as to acquire a taste for it.

But ... DuskSE on the other hand ... I want him too.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
One of the good things about house/dogsitting is discovering the things in fridge and pantry. Yesterday I discovered the salted caramel icecream...omg, to die for and it's dead.

Nod

Adventurous
That's just fine. No one can convince me to like Moca Ice cream either. Can't stand it actually, and I know a lot of folks dig Moca icecream.
Anything coffee flavoured, which isn't coffee, is just wrong.