• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Special Edition Is Now Here!!

Rick

Eager
Okay. Time for another sneak peek. Virtual World has all the product imagery completed now for your/our new Dusk SE. The product is in the hands of final QAV as well.

Woo hoo!! Close now.

Wow so much awesomeness!!! Virtual World did a lot of absolutely amazing work on his textures! :) Really looking forward to him!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
"Hello? Bank manager? Well! It's like this. Hivewire3D have a new Dusk SE coming out any day now and I'm going to buy it for sure, so no arguements from you. Right! Otherwise I'll be sending the Grandaughters round again and you know what happened last time! Have a nice day and I hope your nerves get better real soon! By-eee!" :eek:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love the new face and body of Dusk Special Edition! Thanks to Chris and Lisa for including me in this project!

I look forward to seeing the images that all of this talented group of artists are going to produce after acquiring this valuable product!

We're very fortunate to once again have your involvement with your wonderful map work and product imagery. You're so very talented, and we appreciate what you've done for Dusk SE!!

Beautiful icing!!

Nod

Adventurous
In my humble opinion, so much of the 'character' comes from the texture (skin) mapping... but also a lot of 'character' comes out of "dial spinning" the various morph/add on packs for him... I've got a 'fully loaded' Dusk in my characters folder... ;)

While it's all well and good to spin dials, as with morphs, they can only do so much though, and I wasn't overly impressed with the morphs that I do have - apart from the vampire which is amazing. I'm just saying that it would be nice if his face had a bit more detail. I said the same on Facebook. (I won't name names, but it was implied that I was a liar and didn't own Dusk, or any morphs at all!) But there you go.
The body is fine, but the face still has the same mannequin look about it. I think the irises might be a smidge too big as well. But this is constructive criticism, and that's just for the face.
He actually looks a bit like Andy Burnham MP, only with more personality. :laugh:

Nod

Adventurous
I did start on doing a Dusk character. But I tend to bounce off onto other things. :p

Bawchops.png
:cool:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I like what I'm seeing too Nod...I'm wandering which morph packs you have...I thought I'd seen a morph for his iris size but maybe I'm wrong or it's in one of the additional morph packs.

Just checked and I do have an iris size morph...it may take me a while to check which pack it came with though...I let you know.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Going to show you some of the differences with the original Dusk, and the shaping of the new Dusk SE. Here are a few screen grabs to show comparison images of the mesh, without the gorgeous map work. I've been leaking some of the Dusk SE screen grabs in the Ruckus thread, just to see if anyone would notice any differences, but I think the armor was the focal point.

Cake without the icing. Cookies without the cream. Here ya go. Dusk original on the left of each pairing, and Dusk SE on the right.
I think he looks younger, and that is a good thing in my opinion, the new mats really help with that as well. Old Dusk looked 30's to me, while new Dusk looks 20's. Which is good, because with having Old Dusk in the morphs, you can go from younger to older without any new morphs, just changing the skins.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Would love to get some more hair fits! I have a really hard time, even with parenting to get the hair to move when posing Dusk or Dawn. I know I'm doing something wrong, but the fits really help. The clones are wonderful for fitting clothes, now, though!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If your in DS just parent the hair to the Head and the hair should follow perfectly. To manually parent just expand the character (Dusk or Dawn) to the head and then drag the hair prop up to the Head and your done. Should follow perfectly.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do that, and the hair jumps all over the place (usually embedding into the head) and then won't adjust or move.

Okay, a few hairs work like you said, but most of them don't, for me.