• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Special Edition Is Now Here!!

sean_martin

Motivated
Really nice work, guys: a vast improvement over the original.

May I make one slight suggestion? The new pecs look good, but he should also have a straighter line version across the bottom of the mass.... and perhaps a bit more definition in the shoulder muscles. Not a lot, but just a bit more in the traps and deltoid caps?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Chris - Will Dusk's Tank Top (especially the TIGHT morph) follow the new pecs? I LIKE the new pec shape much better!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Rick... you're back. Good to see you here again. Thanks for the input and positive reaction to Dusk SE!

Rick

Eager
What a great surprise to come back to!! I am so happy to see Dusk SE! Its the first thing I seen when I came online. It really made my day! He is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much Chris and the team for creating this wonderful version of Dusk! He has an amazing face & you really defined his details in this version. I'll be getting it, as soon as it comes out, along with a few of the animals I now see in the store. You have always done such creatively awesome work Chris. Thank you...all of you!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Awesome Rick. So glad you like the new man.

Should be very close to having him all ready for folks now.

Nod

Adventurous
I like the texture, and body detail. I think the face needs a bit more character to it. It looks too smooth to me.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Waves to Chris, Paul, Tosca and Alisa.... OMG. He's really cute now. I liked the old default Dusk just fine but this guy, the subtle changes really did the trick for me. Seeing them side by side on the first page really is quite a difference, at least to me. The softening of the pectorals and abdominals are perfect. The fuller lips really adds to his allure. The face is a slightly bit wider or is that just the camera angle. In any case the crowning glory is Tosca's maps.... stunning. I'm VERY VERY happy about the projection templates! YES!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Rick, very nice to see you here again sir.! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I like the texture, and body detail. I think the face needs a bit more character to it. It looks too smooth to me.

In my humble opinion, so much of the 'character' comes from the texture (skin) mapping... but also a lot of 'character' comes out of "dial spinning" the various morph/add on packs for him... I've got a 'fully loaded' Dusk in my characters folder... ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In my humble opinion, so much of the 'character' comes from the texture (skin) mapping... but also a lot of 'character' comes out of "dial spinning" the various morph/add on packs for him... I've got a 'fully loaded' Dusk in my characters folder... ;)
I agree. The base shape should always be devoid of TOO MUCH detail. That's what folks buy the add on packs for to customize these figures to their liking or needs.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

Exactly.......otherwise we wouldn't get such fabulous characters like this: (And I could render Dusk characters all day long, this is a tiny sample of what's in my runtime)
FaceofDusk1.jpg
FaceofDusk2.jpg
FaceofDusk3.jpg
FaceofDusk4.jpg