• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk getting SE update like Dawn?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's a really nice hood, Glitter, and doesn't she look beautiful in it?! And I am impressed with your Dusk outfit too...love the texture :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Iirc the issue with the eyelashes is due to them being dialled out as the default but I can't remember how the person working on this previously solved it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Iirc the issue with the eyelashes is due to them being dialled out as the default but I can't remember how the person working on this previously solved it.

Yeah, I remember too, but I tried dialing them in and that doesn't solve it completely. It does change the severity, but any head morph still distorts at the fantasy eyelashes. It has something to do with the head group + the fantasy lashes.

Between the loss of the Renderosity forum history and Hivewire's loss, there's just no documentation on it anymore.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I've found another odd Dusk issue. Trying to help Seliah with Nataani, I've found that changing the Feet Length morph in the Body Shapes pack, does strange things to the right metacarpals. If you up the foot length, it pulls the metacarpals along the fingers, creating a sort of sheath around the pinky and ring finger. At least it does this in Poser. Not sure what happens in Daz.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
So I've found another odd Dusk issue. Trying to help Seliah with Nataani, I've found that changing the Feet Length morph in the Body Shapes pack, does strange things to the right metacarpals. If you up the foot length, it pulls the metacarpals along the fingers, creating a sort of sheath around the pinky and ring finger. At least it does this in Poser. Not sure what happens in Daz.

I don't seem to have this issue in PP14, but.......and this may be a big but....

Netherworks provided a python script a long time back for Dawn that does some Poser rigging "cleanup." After reading through his documentation and assurances that it would work on any Hivewire figure, I used it on them all and saved a copy of the clean CR2 and use it solely. Perhaps it is this script that is preventing me from seeing what you are with his foot/hand issue. If I remember correctly, it had a good bit to do with endpoints.

Perhaps someone at Hivewire can dig the script out of the old archives and make it available again?

Here's the ReadMe from the script.
Dawn CR2 Fixer 101 by Netherworks

Thanks to shvrdavid and wimvdb for their input in some of these areas.

This utility attempts to fix some issues present in the Dawn figure for Poser and her clothing. You simply point it to a folder that contains one or more cr2 files and it will batch process them all. It does not process sub-folders.

-- FIXES

Removal of conformEndPoint lines

These lines were intended to fix issues in certain DAZ figures, such as M4 and Luke/Laura. Poser's Match Endpoints function pretty much negates having these lines and they should be removed.

Removal of conformParm lines

These lines cause Scales to explode when "Include scales when conforming" is unchecked in clothing. Removing these lines fixes this issue and possibly other conforming clothing issues.

Set of Scale Minimum values to 0.001

Scale minimum values should be set at 0.001 by default. It may not have any effect to "fix" this but it's a proper setup.

Set of conforming Properties in the Dawn figure

This only affects the Dawn cr2 (clothing is detected and skipped), but it will make sure certain options are unchecked since Dawn isn't going to be conformed to something else, hopefully its the other way around.

conformScale 0
conformMorphs 0
conformForceEndPoint 0
conformFollowOrigin 0
useConformPoints 0

-- BACKUPS

In any case, the original Dawn figure and any clothing you use this script on is backed up by adding _OLD to the original filename. If the script encounters and existing _OLD file it skips it.

-- VERBOSE

The script lets you know when it has started, what it is working on, how many fixes were done and when it has completed. While the script is running, Poser will be unavailable for use but it is pretty quick.

-- USAGE RIGHTS

This script can be used for personal or commercial uses. It may not be redistributed.

You may redistribute the end results of the script (cr2s) as long as you are the original copyright holder.

Jakiblue

Hey Jaki!!! Good to see you back at the Hive woman. :)

I don't know if they plan an SE edition for Dusk. It would be nice, but Dusk came out after a couple of updates for Dawn, so he's a "newer" than the original Dawn and her first 2 SRs.

Hey Jaki...welcome back to the hive!

It would be nice if they did...I would really like some Iray settings and a few presets for him like they did for Dawn.

Hey Pendraia & Miss B :D :D *waves*
I lost ebot notifications for this thread, sorry. LOL.

I'm really hoping for iray materials for him mainly. He can be a difficult figure to work with, I've found. That and more face/body morphs would be ideal.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We did get some iray materials with 3D universe for Axel which has helped a bit. I know that VW added her Iray settings for Dawn with her special edition but she also updated some of her older products. I know that she's been really busy but I would think it's possible she may do the for her brothers product eventually at least my fingers are crossed for that. In the meantime I've been using the ctrl click method to apply Axel's materials to Dusk and work from there.

I'm also in the camp that would like more face and body morphs for DS. I've actually bought a number of Tempesta's poser characters for Dusk and happily converted them. I've found it's normally a case of loading them up in poser, saving as a cr2 and if you can't transfer the character morphs using the transfer utility then I export and reimport them as a morph.

Jakiblue

What I've been doing is ctrl+click the iray settings from Dawn SE onto Dusk :) It actually worked quite well which surprised me.
I like Tempesta's Dawn and Dusk characters, but I don't have Poser at all, so am unable to convert them at all. I did find a couple of free face/body morph characters for Dawn that I REALLY liked, so I use them, but so far, I haven't found ANY Dusk characters I like that I can use in DS. Axel wasn't bad, I must admit, although he looked kinda Bieberish to me, so I don't use him much.
Poses for Dusk are the other thing - I've got quite a few poses for Dawn, but I feel like Dusk kinda missed out. Poses for Poser still work fine in DS, so that's not a problem, and funnily enough, poses made for Genesis (or was it Genesis 2 Male?) work ok with simple tweaking.
But I just feel that Dusk didn't get as much love as Dawn - definitely need face morphs for him, but it seems Dawn scooped the pool and poor ol' Dusk is lacking. LOL

We did get some iray materials with 3D universe for Axel which has helped a bit. I know that VW added her Iray settings for Dawn with her special edition but she also updated some of her older products. I know that she's been really busy but I would think it's possible she may do the for her brothers product eventually at least my fingers are crossed for that. In the meantime I've been using the ctrl click method to apply Axel's materials to Dusk and work from there.

I'm also in the camp that would like more face and body morphs for DS. I've actually bought a number of Tempesta's poser characters for Dusk and happily converted them. I've found it's normally a case of loading them up in poser, saving as a cr2 and if you can't transfer the character morphs using the transfer utility then I export and reimport them as a morph.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Damn...wish I could help with that. Do you have the resource kits for Dusk? They come with a lot of head morphs...did you get VW's brothers?

You're so right! Dusk doesn't have as much as Dawn yet...hopefully we will get more for DS. I have a few morphs done already for Dawn and one I'm working on for Baby Luna. I do plan to do a few for Dusk eventually I'm just really time poor at the moment.

Jakiblue

Damn...wish I could help with that. Do you have the resource kits for Dusk? They come with a lot of head morphs...did you get VW's brothers?

You're so right! Dusk doesn't have as much as Dawn yet...hopefully we will get more for DS. I have a few morphs done already for Dawn and one I'm working on for Baby Luna. I do plan to do a few for Dusk eventually I'm just really time poor at the moment.

Which are the resource kits? I may have missed those.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist