• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dreamers items for Harry at Renderosity

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes but you can't save the mask by its self to apply over any coat the way an LIE can, that is where you need the scripting to get it to work. There use to be a script in the market that did just that but just when I was starting the Pintos it got pulled and I had no luck trying to contact the vendor so the poser side got shelved
Hey Dreamer, are you using any version of Poser 11? I'm not up to the latest version, but am using an 11.3 version and one of the goodies added with Poser 11 was the ability to add "layers" in the Material Room.

You need to be on the Advanced tab of the Material Room, and you'll see in the screenshot below a button to add a layer to the material setup. I've used it several times, and I think by default most use 2, or possibly 3, additional layers to create the desired look. There's also a button to delete a layer, but it's greyed out until you add additional layers to the Base.

Poser11MaterialLayers.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hey Dreamer, are you using any version of Poser 11? I'm not up to the latest version, but am using an 11.3 version and one of the goodies added with Poser 11 was the ability to add "layers" in the Material Room.

You need to be on the Advanced tab of the Material Room, and you'll see in the screenshot below a button to add a layer to the material setup. I've used it several times, and I think by default most use 2, or possibly 3, additional layers to create the desired look. There's also a button to delete a layer, but it's greyed out until you add additional layers to the Base.

View attachment 62266
You still can't save the top layers without the base layer and that is superfly only too, not everyone uses that

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Ahhhh, right, I forgot about not being able to save without the base.

Actually you can save the top layers without the base layer.
Well not in Poser itself, but it is a fairly simple matter to edit an .mc6 file in a text editor.

I’m currently going through how to do this with Janet :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Actually you can save the top layers without the base layer.
Well not in Poser itself, but it is a fairly simple matter to edit an .mc6 file in a text editor.

I’m currently going through how to do this with Janet :)
Yes but what does this do to the base layer? Leave it as is? Clear it? Something else? And can the edited top layer file be applied over any base layer for the same figure?

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Yes but what does this do to the base layer? Leave it as is? Clear it? Something else? And can the edited top layer file be applied over any base layer for the same figure?
Leaves it as is.

I use it either with a base layer or with an invisible base layer, and then I just use the material layer as an overlay.
Here is an example on Janet’s Grizelda outfit showing a visible base layer (blue dress) and then with two material layers applied (a red skirt and a cat motif).
Griz 01.jpg
Griz 02.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Interesting. Good to know but is slightly moot for now as I only have PP2012 and can not see myself updating anytime soon if ever

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very interesting Doug. I'll definitely have to try that out at some point.