• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Do you have this file? RTE Encoder

quietrob

Extraordinary
QA does stand for Quality Assurance, but I doubt the V stands for Vendor. ;)

If I had to guess, and this is strictly a guess, I'd say QAV stands for Quality Assurance Verification, or something similar.
See! I'm part of the Hivewire Family!

I was thinking perhaps it meant Quality Assurance for Vendors but your explanation makes more sense as an acronym.

Also, I don't know why my mind thought your name was Lisa. My apologies if I glossed you incorrectly, Miss B.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh don't worry about the name thing. I've done that more than once as well. ;)

quietrob

Extraordinary
No I haven't tried the wayback machine. I've heard of it though. Perhaps it can restore some lost content. Edit : I just tried it and there was the file along with documentation. Amazing.

The Python version at Rendo is a dead file. 404 not found.

In the meantime, Alisa sent me the java version and it worked like a charm. Thank you for your suggestions. If I don't use them today, I certainly will in the future. I hope this thread helps others as much as it helped me.

I gained three versions of RTEncoder and salted them away.
I gained knowledge of the Wayback machine.
I gained the encoded file! I think there was another file I wanted to try and decode but back in the day, it seemed too confusing and no one would help. Now, I understand completely and everyone has helped!

Sweet!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, wow - thanks, Kage - I use Wayback for lots of things but didn't ever think of it for RTEncoder. Keeping that link!

Glad all is sorted, quietrob, and you've got all this new cool stuff!

Yeah, really, decoding files isn't hard at all, once it's explained!

Last edited:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
*Laughs at self*

:oops:

Actually, I DID think of it. Last year, when I posted a link for it at Rendo. I just completely forgot!!

I had posted this:

Here you go: With thanks to Morphography Undoubtedly Useful Utilities

2016-03-09 Note: the RTEncoder site is currently down, and I don't know of an alternative source. Redistribution is forbidden in the terms of use. However you can use Archive.org's Wayback Machine to download: March 2015. The archive will throw up some PHP errors, but it still works. Ignore the error messages that pop up. You can still download

Wayback Machine

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, the Wayback Machine is the first place I go for older items. Sometimes it doesn't work, but most often I find what I need.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Amazing.

People are simply amazing. On the day I started this thread, I wrote the Russell Cook. The Creator of the RTEncoder file.

Today, he replied. Just about an hour ago. He said the Site was down but the files were still there and personally sent me A COPY OF THE FILE!

He also apologized for the delay! Humble as well as superbly talented.

People are simply amazing.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Yep, me too, just now saw this. I've had it for too many years to count, but didn't think I could share it since I didn't remember his restrictions.

Russell Cook

New-Bee
Thanks quietrob for pointing me to this thread.

My apologies for the trouble tracking down the RTEncoder files. WordPress on that site died a few years ago and its been on my todo list for a long time to bring something back up. I've been out of the 3d communities for almost 10 years, so it wasn't especially high on my list.

As I told quietrob, while the website isn't functional, the files are still there. So here is a link to the latest version of RTEncoder in case anyone else needs it:

http://www.rtencoder.com/files/rtencoder-201.zip

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Russell, and thank you so much for stepping in to this thread. ;)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

My apologies for the trouble tracking down the RTEncoder files. WordPress on that site died a few years ago and its been on my todo list for a long time to bring something back up. I've been out of the 3d communities for almost 10 years, so it wasn't especially high on my list.

As I told quietrob, while the website isn't functional, the files are still there. So here is a link to the latest version of RTEncoder in case anyone else needs it:

Hi Russell and thanks for stopping by with goodies! :)

We really depend on RTEncoder for some things that we have yet to find/create another way to do. It's great to know the resource is still available.

Thanks so much! :)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE

I have used it a lot over the last 10 years. A very handy utility to have in our toolbox. Thanks!!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome to HiveWire, Russell and Wizzard!