• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Do I have buy Dusk SE?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, you got him Rae? Great. I know you weren't happy that you couldn't afford to get him. He is a nice upgrade from the original Dusk, so I hope you enjoy working with him. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're not the only one. I have a scale at home, and I hardly get on it because I don't want to see what it tells me. That's the same reason I don't get on the scale at my gym either.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Might be awhile before I can buy him, too many expenses coming out right now.
In the process of saving every penny towards a new house if we can get a loan.
This house is being sold and the new buyers, if and when, will more than likely tear it down.
Although it may actually fall down first, the foundation is collapsing.
I hate all the hassle of sorting and packing to move, but we have been doing all that the last few weeks so everything will be ready with no big rush.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have just realized that Ruckus claims to require Dusk SE, and I don't have it. I haven't tested it yet, but it probably uses the extra SE morphs not available with the original version. >___<

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You're not the only one. I have a scale at home, and I hardly get on it because I don't want to see what it tells me. That's the same reason I don't get on the scale at my gym either.
I threw my scale in the corner of the bathroom until it decides to stop lying to me...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I sent mine to the dump/tip/wherever you guys send your rubbish. It had copped a leak and was lying its electronic head off.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I dug my scale out from under the sink so I could weigh Tsuki. The vet wanted me to keep an eye on her weight.

But ... scale is dead. So dead. Such a shame.

How Tsuki has managed to gain any weight at all amazes me. She's soo excited when I feed her, even grabbing at the measuring cup sometimes. Then she eats a few kibbles and is done ... even though she loves it. I feed her the recommended amount for Acana (2/3 a cup), and she never ever has an empty bowl. So just what is she eating when I'm not home or asleep?!? Cuz, it certainly isn't her kibble.

Maybe she's sneaking out of the apartment while I'm at work and begging food from the neighbors?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was also wondering if I had to buy Dusk SE to be able to use Rukus. So far it appears to work fine with the original Dusk, though the product description claims it requires SE. If there is something missing, I can't tell.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I haven't tried him with the original Dusk, so don't know, but if you don't see something obvious, it must be something internal like JCMs or MCMs or the like, which "might" cause problems at some point, perhaps with certain extreme poses. Paul would be the one who would know for sure what the difference(s) would be.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B I am pretty sure Ruckus has his own posing JCMs corrections, since he has whole different body proportions. If SE has new JCMs, it must be for it's own posing correction. In that case, Ruckus over the original Dusk should pose as well as the original Dusk does. It's fine as far as I could tell. If SE poses differently, I would like to see where exactly. Anybody?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think it might be musculature that might be a bit different, but Ruckus is so extreme unless you did a side by side it may not be noticeable.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think the differences Ken is referring to is between the original Dusk and DuskSE.

That said, at some point (don't recall exactly when) Paul announced they would be supporting Poser10/PoserPro2014 from that point on. The original Dusk and Dawn were supported from Poser9/PoserPro2012. Other than the Sub-D issue, which 9 doesn't have (not sure about P10 as it may be a PoserPro option), I don't know what else that's available through the higher versions of Poser that would make DuskSE different from the original Dusk.

Again, only Paul, and of course Chris, would know for sure what those differences are.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know if animated gifs will work but here goes (I hope they work!). I did one with Dusk and one with Ruckus so you can see the comparison between the old and new (I just changed the texture so they were the same for a fairer comparison). The SE's musculature is more natural and the face has been changed slightly, these changes can also be seen on Ruckus.
Dusk-Comparison.gif
Ruckus-Comparison.gif