• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deer running

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So I've been watching a lot of youtubes with deer running. Sometimes they bounce and other times not. What causes this? Is it a difference between old and young deer? Playful verses serious? So today I googled a deer petting zoo, found their FB link, added them and sent them a message asking those questions. They suggested I call the zoo owner and ask her as she has been hand feeding deer for 30 years. So I did. Turns out different types of deer have different runs! DUH! Also she said that using the word "pronking" for the bounce they do would be appropriate. A pronking deer is a happy deer apparently.

So I will include two runs with my deer package, one that bounces and the other not.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
My sheep do the 'antelope leap' when they are having a wild five minutes- adults and lambs, although the ones that bounce most are the lambs, followed by the shearlings (year-old sheep), and I've never seen the oldest sheep join in, so not from the age of seven, and apart from the lambs the boys do more than the girls, especially once they're aged two and above. They don't seem to do it when running from a threat, just when hooning around in a bunch around their field and climbing-frame in a way that suggests they are doing it for fun (yes, I have spoiled sheep, they have a series of flat wooden platforms of various heights that they can clamber over). Sheep are not deer, of course, variations among deer may well be different.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What did you call this step when they did it?

I'm sure there's crossovers between animals.