• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Studio 4.23 Premier anyone?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Apologies for just getting on board this thread. I just now started reading the ads in detail.

Is DAZ Studio going to be a subscription service, going the route of Adobe and others?
The add says DAZ 4.23 Premier. Will there be a DAZ 4.23 'regular?'

I hate when someone says I pay a fee and get stuff free. I pay a fee and in exchange I get X,Y and Z. In this case a monthly character bundle, some incentive products for joining, bigger discounts, and access to 'exclusive' content - though I doubt it stays exclusive.

Still pondering like most on this threadd.
No worries with that. Just update DAZ Studio and carry on. You only go Premier if you sign up for that. I updated yesterday with no issues or no pushes to sign up for Premier!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It puts me in mind of that joke where the lady of the house buys a new cooker for £600 in the sales because the sale price was £250 below RRP whilst not realising that she could have saved £600 by not buying it in the first place! There is an old saying which reads that, "You get what you pay for", and in this case it would seem to transpire that what you are paying for could contain quite a lot which you don't really want or need. Having watched the YouTube video's I mentioned earlier I can only advice that you wait and watch given that a number of the 'extra' offered appear to have problems with execution!

robert952

Brilliant
No worries with that. Just update DAZ Studio and carry on. You only go Premier if you sign up for that. I updated yesterday with no issues or no pushes to sign up for Premier!
Thanks.

I have been considering getting back into doing some 3D and have been paying my DAZ+ over the past several months. (Usually only getting the freebies and the occasional 'gotta have this' item when at a good price point.

But not interested in this 'subscription' approach.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I have the Plus but won't upgrade to Premier as it's too steep. In my earlier days as a content junkie this would have been an instant yes but I'm no longer a junkie and make stuff on my own for personal use and sometimes for the 'Rosity store so Premier would be money down the drain for me but I do like price cuts and allot of the time there are some good things deeply cut in price having the Plus but they took away allot of the ways to pay. I was paying every 3 months like 27.00 but now it's just monthly for 10 bucks so it's basically 3 bucks more. No biggie.

Greybro

Inspired
I've just spotted this little item and I must admit I'm dubious about taking the plunge and paying $18.95 per month for something I probably won't use that much. There are a lot of questions to be answered before then and I fail to see how they have produced a list of FAQ for something which was only announced a few hours ago. I suppose at heart the fact remains that I gave up on Poser because of it's cost and the fact that so many features available in DS were missing. Also I'm very reluctant to enter a subscription system for something I enjoy for free (ignoring the thousands of dollars I've already spent on products at the Daz shop). Any thoughts out there on the subject would be most welcome both as to now and the future for DS! Regards!
Paying monthly is a flat, "No." It's why I took the plunge and upgraded to the latest Poser. If they pull the pay to play model, that would be the impetus to go back to Poser. AI is now in the workflow in any case and Poser get the job done going that route just as well as DS and with no monthly so.....

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm in the DAZ+, and that's it for me. And, at $10/mo., I might bow out when renewal comes up, maybe it will be the end. I last paid $35 for the annual membership...on sale in December. If they want $120, their going to lose me.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I'm in the DAZ+, and that's it for me. And, at $10/mo., I might bow out when renewal comes up, maybe it will be the end. I last paid $35 for the annual membership...on sale in December. If they want $120, their going to lose me.
At least that's easier now Dana. Moving to a monthly subscription means you don't have to wait until your renewel date, or spend all that money! Just click on the appropriate membership and click on 'cancel'! Your membership will finish at the end of the current month!

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's sad for me...I do like using the $6 coupon to get something off my wishlist. It usually pays for itself, using those coupons. But, not if it costs me $120. Even with the monthly and weekly freebies, I don't know if it will be worth it. I'm not getting any younger. I gave up on Photoshop after CS2. At least DAZ Studio is free. If they start charging for that, I use what I have or I'm out altogether.