• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Studio 4.23 Premier anyone?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Apologies for just getting on board this thread. I just now started reading the ads in detail.

Is DAZ Studio going to be a subscription service, going the route of Adobe and others?
The add says DAZ 4.23 Premier. Will there be a DAZ 4.23 'regular?'

I hate when someone says I pay a fee and get stuff free. I pay a fee and in exchange I get X,Y and Z. In this case a monthly character bundle, some incentive products for joining, bigger discounts, and access to 'exclusive' content - though I doubt it stays exclusive.

Still pondering like most on this threadd.
No worries with that. Just update DAZ Studio and carry on. You only go Premier if you sign up for that. I updated yesterday with no issues or no pushes to sign up for Premier!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It puts me in mind of that joke where the lady of the house buys a new cooker for £600 in the sales because the sale price was £250 below RRP whilst not realising that she could have saved £600 by not buying it in the first place! There is an old saying which reads that, "You get what you pay for", and in this case it would seem to transpire that what you are paying for could contain quite a lot which you don't really want or need. Having watched the YouTube video's I mentioned earlier I can only advice that you wait and watch given that a number of the 'extra' offered appear to have problems with execution!