• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
When you say the top of the foot... do you mean the toes or the shin/ankle?
Oh, I meant the strip over the toes. I don't consider the ankle/shin as part of the foot, even though the shoe will interact with them. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Closer.... closer.....:unsure:

upload_2018-12-3_15-46-57.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, smooth out the inner sole near the arch of her foot, and just above the strap across her toes. The rest I think will get smoothed out with sub-d.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think the strap over the toes needs to be tighter (looking at the right foot)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think Rae's right, because if they're too loose, she'll trip over her own feet, because they won't be following the shoes properly as she walks.

Also . . . take note of the arch of the shoes in the picture Rae posted. It follows the arch of the model's foot. You have the sole on a flat upward angle, so there's a space between it and Dawn's foot where her arch is.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's hard to tell from the outside of the shoe. Can you post a screenshot of the inside of her shoe/foot, as that's where her arch is?

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, what I'm seeing is a straight diagonal line from the ball of the foot up to the heel. If you look at the photo Rae posted above, the shoe rises up towards the center of the model's arch, and then straightens out toward her heel.

Also, if you look at what I guess is a reference photo you have in your Blender screenshot above, the sole also rises toward where the arch would be, and then straightens out toward the heel, though in that photo it's a bit more extreme.

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, what I'm seeing is a straight diagonal line from the ball of the foot up to the heel. If you look at the photo Rae posted above, the shoe rises up towards the center of the model's arch, and then straightens out toward her heel.

Also, if you look at what I guess is a reference photo you have in your Blender screenshot above, the sole also rises toward where the arch would be, and then straightens out toward the heel, though in that photo it's a bit more extreme.
Okay, so you're saying I need to go back and repose the foot.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, so you're saying I need to go back and repose the foot.
And here's why I don't think that will work. Unless, there's some other way to do it that I don't know about, Dawn's foot simply just can't arch like that. So I was building the shoe around a pose I knew she could attain.

upload_2018-12-12_4-38-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-12_4-38-3.png
    upload_2018-12-12_4-38-3.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 282

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's not the foot, it's the bed of the shoe. The bed of well designed shoe arches up to meet the foot. The outside of the shoe bed is fine. But on the inside, there is a gap between Dawn's arch and the bed of the shoe.

upload_2018-12-12_8-19-11.png

For every shoe you find with good arch support, you will find dozens more that do not provide any arch support. So you can find plenty of shoes with a bed like the one you have on this shoe.

However, with real shoes and real people, the lack of proper arch support will cause musculoskeletal problems.

Of course, since Dawn isn't real, she can wear anything and not suffer any damage to her body.