• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

eclark1894

Visionary
Having a slight fight with my modeling archnemesis... UV texturing, but otherwise, coming along nicely. I'm going to move along next to the store interior.
upload_2018-5-20_20-38-35.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I can imagine UV Mapping the checkout counter won't be all that easy. So many pieces to consider.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's looking pretty good Earl. Only thing I see in my supermarket is, the doors go almost all the way down to the floor, but I'll leave that up to you to decide what the length of the door should be.

eclark1894

Visionary
That's looking pretty good Earl. Only thing I see in my supermarket is, the doors go almost all the way down to the floor, but I'll leave that up to you to decide what the length of the door should be.
Well, I am going by a cad draft drawing on this one, Miss B. Also took some pics at my local Food Lion supermarket this morning. I'd share it with you, but I have no idea how to email anything from my phone.:oops:

Attachments

• reach in display.jpg
    reach in display.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 256

Miss B

CV-BEE
No problem, the image you attached looks fine. Sometimes it's the angle that makes things look off. The illustration looks very good, so I'm sure a head-on render of it would look the same.

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, one of the things I'm afraid of with this project is the shear size of it when it's all said and done. So I may be asking a few people to test portions of it for me if you guys don't mind. I'm not really worried about the larger props like the building the checkout counter and such, but the smaller stuff like the products, and most importantly, the products stocked on the shelves. And before anyone asks, there will be separate individual products like a stalk of celery, a can of soup , a six pack of beeer, etc. But most of the products on the shelves, out of necessity will HAVE to be for show only. If you don't understand, I think you will as we go along.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh definitely understand. I can't imagine anyone creating 25-30 cans of Campbell's soup just to make it look more realistic, and I don't know of any way, as yet, for Poser to do instancing. Not even sure if the latest version of DS does it, though it might.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh definitely understand. I can't imagine anyone creating 25-30 cans of Campbell's soup just to make it look more realistic, and I don't know of any way, as yet, for Poser to do instancing. Not even sure if the latest version of DS does it, though it might.
I'm trying to see if I can trim down the amount of polygons needed to stock a refrigerator. While I'm confident Blender could handle it, I'm also pretty confident that both Poser and Studio would choke. So I'm going to try something I'm calling 3D billboarding. Basically, it's making a full product, and then deleting half of it and lining it up so that You never see the back part is missing. I've already got some products already made, so when I get home tonight I'll stock the display case. This ought to be both fun and tedious.:sneaky:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, now there's a thought. Stocking shelves most definitely doesn't mean you need the back of an item, as it won't show unless Dawn or Dusk are in the process of pulling it off the shelf, so a few of them should be full-sized, but the rest won't need it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I'd try out the dairy display case. Those cartons aren't very poly heavy at all. All of them together were only about 1000 tris in Blender. And if you're wondering why it's so bright all of a sudden, I took a page from Poser and put an envirosphere in Blender, then gave it an emission shader. instead of the two planes I usually use. Anyway, just wanted to get a general idea of what the case would look like with something in it. I need to go back to work on it now and create the doors.
upload_2018-5-22_21-30-34.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looking good. I use Bagginsbill's EnvSphere most of the time in FireFly. For SuperFly, I use Snarlygribbly's EZDome script, which utilizes BB's EnvSphere.