• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Goes Shopping

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, OK. I'd say most of the shoe stores I've seen around here are about 2/3 the width of that one, so still room in the center to sit and try them on.

eclark1894

Visionary
A Little preliminary work on the supermarket. I'll be fleshing out the details as I go. Just want to show the size of the place in comparison to Dawn. But learning from my mistakes, I'm going to keep this simple.:)

upload_2018-5-14_18-45-55.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looks good Earl, and I think, though not sure how, Blender has a way to do 3D text, so consider it, as a lot of stores have signs that stand out from the front wall.

Maybe just grabbing the polys that make up the letters and extruding in the native Blender Y axis (Z axis in Poser), would do it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Those letters are 3d, Miss B. But I made them. Right now I just have them parked in front of the wall. In fact, I think I'm going to have to shorten the walls of the store.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, OK. Now when you say shorten the walls, do you mean in height or length?

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm working on making some actual checkout counters for the stores with actual registers and conveyor belts. I'm trying to make everything in the store to scale for Dawn. As you can see, so far, she easily gets lost in the store. I don't think shelves will be that much of a problem, but stocking them will. But I think there's an illusion I can use that will make the shelves look full, but not be so polygon heavy. Also I think I can do those cutouts and post images of stocked shelves.

Leana

Enthusiast
Is it just me... or is there no Frozen foods section in this layout?o_O
Judging by my local supermarkets, on this map IMO the frozen food section would either be the first row of "shelves" near prepared food / dairy, or the last one before the fruits and vegetables section.

eclark1894

Visionary
Judging by my local supermarkets, on this map IMO the frozen food section would either be the first row of "shelves" near prepared food / dairy, or the last one before the fruits and vegetables section.
I think I'm going to do it the way my local supermarket does and just line one side of the store with reach in freezers.

I have given some more thought to "stocking shelves". And I think I know how to do it convincingly now and keep the polycount down.

upload_2018-5-15_9-23-49.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Looks good Earl, and I think, though not sure how, Blender has a way to do 3D text, so consider it, as a lot of stores have signs that stand out from the front wall.

Maybe just grabbing the polys that make up the letters and extruding in the native Blender Y axis (Z axis in Poser), would do it.
Okay, I found the way to do 3D text in Blender. I found a video, so I'm going to post it in the Blender resource thread.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I saw your post, and have added it to my on-going tutorial links in the first post.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Nice work. Don't forget a chip reader slot at the bottom of that! And maybe a privacy "hood" around the keypad.

Dana