• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Clothing WIP

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I even have a tunic set for Dawn as well but her outfit has a cape and sword to go with it. Let me see if I can dig up a shot of it. I know I made one way back when.

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Found it.

DawnTunicSet.jpg

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
okay so it's not clothing but since I don't have very many skins for Dawn I needed to give it a whirl and see what I could come up with. I converted my old V4 merchant resource that I sold over at Render and fiddled around with EZSkin and I think it came out rather nice.

CiaraSkin.jpg

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I will try my best to figure it out in DS, can't promise that it will make it though. Just started learning how to make my clothing products for DS and Poser, skin textures might take me some time to figure it all out.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Don't stress if you don't I've gotten quite quick at converting morphs and mats for my own use from Poser.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I love the tunic set for Dusk! Also the skirt and top for Dawn are amazing!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
was going through my backlog of Silo files and found something I made for Dusk. Forgot I even made this, now if I can figure out how to fix "skirts" in DS I might get around to working on this outfit. :)

Oh, gosh, I hope you can figure it out, Shelly. I am loving that already! That is a great overall cloth design because it could be fantasy OR sci-fi all depending on the textures in use. Heck, I could even turn the tunic and pants into a nice quasi-Chinese outfit, if I wanted to. And if I made a transmap, I could make the boots into flat/lower shoes, too.

Yeah, I like that outfit, too. :D

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I need to start making some clothing for Dusk, maybe something along the basic line like I am doing for Dawn, but kind of hard to work with since he didn't come with any projection templates like Dawn did. I need to figure out how to make some if possible before I journey into his clothing.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I need to start making some clothing for Dusk, maybe something along the basic line like I am doing for Dawn, but kind of hard to work with since he didn't come with any projection templates like Dawn did. I need to figure out how to make some if possible before I journey into his clothing.

Yeah, I understand totally. I have managed to make a couple of shirts and one pair of pants for him, even without the projection templates. But I sure wouldn't want to try and conform anything that has a skirt/tunic type of bottom to it without the templates, either.

I know there's a way to make our own projection templates and clones, I just can't remember where the instructions were or how to do it...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Actually Lorraine has done more on projection templates than I have...from memory she set up the bodysuit that comes with Dusk as a template. Essentially to create templates you need a mesh which has been weightmapped and it needs to be of a good quality. The original ones that came with Genesis were low poly but the ones that came with Genesis 2 had more polys and did a much better job especially with skirts. Essentially when you use a template you are copying the weight mapping from the template to the new mesh. Paul has some info on it somewhere which actually explains the process.