• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn Clothing WIP

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So I finally have gotten off my tush and got back to my clothing sets for Dawn.

Basics 2 is finally finished I think.

it has a short sleeve top, long sleeve top, pants, and flats ( same shoes from basics 01 )

Basic02.jpg

while I had images rendering I went ahead and opened up Silo and started on set 03. lol

Screenshot of it in Silo. This set will include an undershirt, overshirt, leggings and the shoes if I can get the buggers to work. Me and shoes don't play well together. :)

Basic03b.jpg

I also have a skirt and top in the works but I have a lot of weight mapping to do with the skirt in DS so it is on the back burner for now. I will probably play around with in between projects until I decide that I have done all I can do with it.

SkirtTop.jpg

so this is what I am up at the moment. I have a ton more of things already made but I haven't gotten around to finishing up the sets. Just little pieces here and there.

The bathing suits stuff I have put a hold on due to the fact I am going to redo them from scratch. I had some mesh problems going on.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Shelly, these are gorgeous. I love that long dress at the end, and I am really digging the turtleneck in the first picture! Great job on the material zones of the Silo outfit also!

These all look wonderful. :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WHOA! You've been a busy little beaver there missy. Good to see you creating again. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Shelly, these are gorgeous. I love that long dress at the end, and I am really digging the turtleneck in the first picture! Great job on the material zones of the Silo outfit also!

I suspect Richard/paganeagle is going to love that set with all those mat zones. He's so into texturing. ;)

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Thank you very much, had fun making them. I have read time and time again that texture artists love material zones. So I try to put in as many as I can so that you can get as many different looks from one piece of clothing. I've always loved making dresses when I just did poser, but I am finding out that dresses are a whole new ball game when it comes to DS.

WHOA! You've been a busy little beaver there missy. Good to see you creating again. :D

yeah that is cause you get first dibs at finding all my faults and boo boo's when I make something! lol

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I suspect Richard/paganeagle is going to love that set with all those mat zones. He's so into texturing. ;)

He's not the only one that loves those mat zones!! :laugh:

I have read time and time again that texture artists love material zones. So I try to put in as many as I can so that you can get as many different looks from one piece of clothing.

Yes, I absolutely LOVE the extra material zones. As a texture artist, they are absolutely essential. Clothing that only comes with a single material zone on it isn't likely to ever see me texture it. I like the extra flexibility, and when I'm modeling a clothing item, I try to do the same thing in terms of working in the extra mat zones for folks to play with for just that reason.

Plus, even if someone is not interested in texturing the whole item, having those additional material zones still makes it MUCH more versatile in the program, because they can just set the opacity down to zero on the zones they don't want showing in order to turn it into other types of clothing items. Multiple mat zones are definitely the way to go on clothing!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Nice looking outfit and I love the draping in the gown length skirt! NICE!

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Shelly didn't mention that you can also switch off certain parts and so give the top and pants set a whole new look.

All the best.

Richard

Dawn Basics 02 003.jpg

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Glad everyone likes them.

I used to love making dresses but since I have been using DS and Poser, dresses aren't as much fun anymore. Course I could just go back to making them for Poser only but then that wouldn't fun either. I've kind of gotten used to using both programs for development now, I will admit I am better in Poser than I am in DS. Lots more to learn on the DS part. :)

Yeah I love silo for modeling ( and uvmapping ), only time I ever use hexagon now is when I do morphs with it from DS. I used to really hate uvmapping but silo's uvmapping is the bomb.

Make a few seams, put in a few pin points and boom, I have me a nice uv map. Some I got to play around with to make them all nice and pretty but sure beats using uvmapper pro. Course it helps since uvmapper pro don't work for me on my machine anymore.

I use classic nowadays just to make my templates is about it. I know I can make them from Silo but they all come out in black and white and with classic I can get a nice pretty color one showing all the material zones. :)

Before I started using Silo for uvmapping I would spend more time on the uvmaps than I would the model. By the time I got done with the modeling and uvmapping I was already tired of looking at the project and start a new one. lol

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
what I learned about uv mapping in silo I learned from all the tuts I bought by Fugazi1968 :) I bought a ton of them when I first started using Silo.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I have a lot of his tutorials too, as I was mostly a prop/environment modeler in Blender before I got Silo and played with Fugazi's tuts. ;)

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
was going through my backlog of Silo files and found something I made for Dusk. Forgot I even made this, now if I can figure out how to fix "skirts" in DS I might get around to working on this outfit. :)

DuskTunicSet.jpg