• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
How is the rigging coming for Miss Dawn?

It's moving along again. Paul is working on the shoulders, neck and has started on the fingers now. He still needs to go back in and refine things, which is probably why he's waiting to post any videos of work in progress. When it's further along I'm sure he'll be showing videos or images or both. But having seen his work first hand it looks impressive.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree. The one word I'd use to describe her is SMOOOOOTH!! I'm really liking what you've accomplished so far, and look forward to seeing more of the hands next time, as that's where I always look for improvements, especially for hand/fingers posing.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
On of the niggles I had with Dusk and Dawn, from my picky view point, was when the hands were bent back there was an unnatural bulge on the top of the hand. I still see that but not as pronounced so hopefully squash that a bit more so her hands look good being bent back and bring that forward into Dusk 2.0's rigging and weight maps. Other than that, very impressed Paul! Thanks for sharing!

eclark1894

Visionary
Can you do a better range of motion for when she folds her arms in front of her, Paul?
I always find this pose to be awkward. I guess it's related to how she looks stretching a bit. And the boobs do tend to get in the way a bit. So they need to be either compressed or moved forward a scootch?
1600717703872.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice work Paul. I'm especially liking how the fingers, mainly the thumb, are being adjusted. I always have a hard time tweaking hand poses, so having better options is definitely a plus. :)