• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Damn Hurricane

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Will do, thanks - we're well prepared with everything we need, including a generator..just in case. But hopefully if we do have an outage it'll be short !

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Interestingly, Hurricanes, Cyclones, & Typhoons are all the same thing -intense low pressure systems, only difference is where they are:

Hurricanes: Atlantic and Northeast Pacific
Typhoons: Northwest Pacific
Cyclones: South Pacific and Indian Ocean.
I never realized that. I always thought they were different types of storms.

Take care Alisa, and here's hoping you don't have too much in the way of damage, or loss of energy.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, I thought so too..til Lisa mentioned something to me about it and I looked it all up :). We don't get much in the way of that type of weather, other than wind.

Thanks, hope so, too!

eclark1894

Visionary
Had power go out for eleven days in the heart of winter here a few years ago, Had to find homes for several birds very quickly and several died. It cost us thousands of dollars that insurance would not cover and we literally had to beg to get our power back and was able to get a temporary hook up due to me being disabled, which just meant we had to pay 200.00 for the temporary hookup, then pay to be disconnected so they could repair the line to make it a normal hook up. All of which we had to pay for.The electric company did give us 37.00 dollars back for loss of service though. The city refused to cut down the rotten old tree that cause the problem, but agreed to finally trim it...a little bit....

Sounds like you made out Okay, it could have been so much worse, still My thoughts identify with the pain you went through...
Well, the only people who never complain about how long the power was out are either dead, or never had it in the first place.;)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
All was fine - storm went west of where they thought it might go so we just had a bit of wind - nothing horrible...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Here is an interactive map: earth :: a global map of wind, weather, and ocean conditions

When you get to the page just use your cursor to turn the earth to where you are, click on your region and zoom in. Go to the Earth tag in the lower left screen and click it. I opted to run the HD version which is in that pop up. Very cool to see where that hurricane is now. Still swirling away in the middle of the Atlantic!

eclark1894

Visionary
All was fine - storm went west of where they thought it might go so we just had a bit of wind - nothing horrible...
Yeah, that's what happened to us in North Carolina. Except WE were west of where it was supposed to go... up the coast and out to sea.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, that's what happened to us in North Carolina. Except WE were west of where it was supposed to go... up the coast and out to sea.
Yes, that's what they had predicted, that it would curve east and not go any further up the coast. You never can figure out Mother Nature. She always has the last word.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes, that's what they had predicted, that it would curve east and not go any further up the coast. You never can figure out Mother Nature. She always has the last word.
Well, on the bright side, they also said there was a chance it would head out to sea, strengthen and double back to hit Florida again. Thank goodness that didn't happen. I have a brother and a sister that live in Florida.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
According to that live map link I posted it did show it in the middle of the Atlantic ....