• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creepy Little Fella

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
I was asked about subsurface scattering for the Creepy Kid on another thread. I figured it would be appropriate to share here too. Creepy Kid Too has SSS for the Poser 9+ version of the figure. Here is Creepy with his SSS. It is his default Poser 9 shader. It can be found in his materials as well.

ck2.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

And we appreciate that, too. I can't think of anyone who characteristically builds their scenes with products only from one store.
I did a few while at RDNA using almost Exclusively RDNA content... but yeah, it's pretty rare and many times hard to do.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Agreed Rae. I think we all, at one time or another, used a lot of freebies in the beginning, though I started in 3D with Bryce, so not much in the way of freebies then. Once I started playing in Poser 5, oh yeah, I was all over looking for freebies. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Boy howdy.

I still use a lot of freebies. There are so many *good* ones. Since most of my work is non-commercial I don't think twice about it. I sometimes get brought up short when I have a cover to do though.

And dragging us back to the thread topic, does anyone know of any freebies made for this guy? I think there were a couple of things back when he came out. But I haven't been watching very carefully.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good question Jodel...he really needs some clothes, poor guys running around in his underpants.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Curious about this little dude's UVs. My passion is horror so this guy will fit right in, and I'd like to use him as a basis to learn/work on creature texturing without needing to worry about all of the maps associated with figures such as the Generation 4 or Genesis figures.

I saw the WIP layout a few pages back, and he seems to be laid out more like how a game asset would be, all on 0,0 and no stacking, but I'm wondering if those are what they still look like for the final version? I don't mind if the mouth and eyes are on separate maps, what I'm mainly looking for is that at least the body is all on a single map and doesn't overlap.

Thanks in advance!

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
Curious about this little dude's UVs. My passion is horror so this guy will fit right in, and I'd like to use him as a basis to learn/work on creature texturing without needing to worry about all of the maps associated with figures such as the Generation 4 or Genesis figures.

I saw the WIP layout a few pages back, and he seems to be laid out more like how a game asset would be, all on 0,0 and no stacking, but I'm wondering if those are what they still look like for the final version? I don't mind if the mouth and eyes are on separate maps, what I'm mainly looking for is that at least the body is all on a single map and doesn't overlap.

Thanks in advance!

The body is on a single map. I do this because it makes it easy to paint texture maps and normal maps in ZBrush. Also I find it simplifies things in Poser and DS.

gobmap.jpg

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Excellent! Thanks! He's in my wishlist for now only because I'm packing and getting ready to move in a week. If I buy him now I won't get the rest of my packing done, but once I'm settled, he's mine!

Nod

Adventurous
Will you be bringing out more stuff for him? I loincloth to make him look for Middle Earth would be nice. ;)

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I think he looks a little like Murdoc from the Gorillaz band. :) He's the one on the right at the end near the axe XD

rise-of-the-ogre-scans0007.jpg