• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creepy Little Fella

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
Was just coming to see about Daz Studio for him. I modeled a Creepy Vamp outfit and needed to know about texturing for DS. There seems to be two versions of him but I only loaded up the weight mapped version in Poser. Will try the boned version in DS and see if I can convert.
Here's a couple of pics of the unfinished, un-textured outfit. Maybe having some clothes will help keep the draft off of him :)

That is looking awesome!

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
The morph for the teeth I have dubbed "TeethOralSurgeryNow". He has a ton of included morphs. I'm sure those who have him would agree that his morphs are fun and there are plenty to work with. :D

teeth.jpg

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Stezza, he looks like a contestant on Naked and Afraid. Eating the bug...ewwwww. Great pic and the skin shaders look excellent on him.

LoraLy

Motivated
Contributing Artist
I will do my best to get my Kooky poses over. I didn't put them on the list of excluded products so I'm not sure how much of an issue it will be though I'm not sure if they feel they would be Daz worthy as it's poses for a 3rd party figure

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think it's pretty likely that DAZ isn't going to want to have poses on their site that require buying a figure from HiveWire...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Alisa, lets just wait and see...maybe they will surprise us. I have seen things for Poser figures in the store but that was a long time ago.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, the 'DAZ figures only' in the DAZ store has been a comparatively recent development. Mostly since 2011 and the launch of Studio 4.0. There are still a few antique products lurking in corners I think. Poses for a skeleton horse here, clothing that supports Koshini there, things like that.

But nothing that supports Poser weightmaped rigging. Although I expect that to change now with the RDNA stuff migrating over. DAZ wants those Poser users' business back.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Not an issue of it being for Poser.

DAZ does not (though I think they did a few times MANY years ago) sell products that are specifically made for figures sold at other stores. That's just the way they do things.

frogimus

Adventurous
I believe I saw it written that they want the "Requires" line to point to items in their store as they can't control the availability otherwise. Valid enough reason, I guess.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I don't want to turn this into a discussion about this - it's their store and their choice. I'll just tell you we link LOTS of products to things at other stores with no issues at all. If a product link becomes incorrect, someone will let us know and we can fix it or remove the product or whatever. It's a choice.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And we appreciate that, too. I can't think of anyone who characteristically builds their scenes with products only from one store.

frogimus

Adventurous
Now that we have a character based on Murdoc, is there any chance of a Noodle?

I just realized how awesome CK2 would look driving Bazze's Muscle car! Stylo anyone?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, JOdel :). Agreed - good products are out there at all the assorted places!

I just realized how awesome CK2 would look driving Bazze's Muscle car! Stylo anyone?

Who? What? Where? LOL!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Noodle? I got Noodle the toon cat a long while ago... such a great funny kitty....

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North

Yes! With a Bruce Willis Dusk following and what the heck is the girl's name? In the mask?