• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating Anime Stylisation for Dusk

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Hi, just so I don't go developing for the wrong version, what's the difference between Dusk and DuskSE , please? I plan on stylising him into an Anime male.

For folks who are not familiar with the genre, here are some examples:
ときめきレストラン☆☆☆

キャラクター|うたの☆プリンスさまっ♪公式Webサイト

あんさんぶるスターズ! (these are very youthful, so I don't know if I can get any result !)

I also have my own Poser Pro 11 Cel-Shaded Cycles Shaders which I will use with or instead of the Dusk materials.

So, it would be helpful to know the difference, since I have both versions of Dusk.

(Oh.... the URLs changed into the Japanese titles for the webpages ! Sorry)

Thanks.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Also, since I don't use DAZ Studio very much, I won't be developing a DS version (I am just not as familiar with the software, sorry).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Currently I'm finishing up Tommy and Tina for Dusk and Dawn which are slightly more Toon types and it's my desire to try my hand at Anime morphs for them but I have other projects to finish up after I'm done with those characters. And like you I'm sticking with DAZ Studio as you are with Poser since it's just too much work for me to develop for both platforms. As it is I barely have any time for DAZ Studio right now! lol Good luck with your endeavors ibr

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Thanks, RAMWolff - not going so smoothly for now over here, though. Goodnight from my part of the planet !

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Here is a quickie from ZBrush ... all the mouth morphs work with this extreme morph so I'm happy and will keep it after a few more adjustments. This is based off of the first link you provided with the long chin....

Dusk - Anime Face 01.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks. After some more sculpting and refinements this is saved out as a morph file for Dusk now....

Anime Head 01.jpg

ibr_remote

Adventurous
So far, this is what I have for Poser Pro 11 using Morph brush (ignore the white areas, that is my template) Still using default DuskSE textures at this time.

AnimeHead_I_wip.png

ibr_remote

Adventurous
I used eyebrow props generated from MakeHuman and extracted using modelling software. I applied the Cycles Surface cel-shaders. Still working on the anime male stylisation.

DuskSE2017Anime_I_wip - Smith Micro Poser Pro  (64-bit) 12_8_2017 5_57_52 PM.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, can't really make out the shape with all that weirdness with the maps on the first one but the second on with the slimmed down face looks really good!

ibr_remote

Adventurous
So far, I managed to coax DuskSE into a Otome Game Ikemen (Young Girl's Dating Game Handsome Hero - eh, some guys and older women play these games as well).
AnimeHead_I_V3e.png
AnimeHead_I_V3d.png
AnimeHead_I_V3b.png

ibr_remote

Adventurous
I had to created the prop eyebrows by taking them from a MakeHuman figure (I did this a couple years ago for other projects, so I just used them notionally). All shaders are Cycles Surface cel shaders by me. Hair mesh modelled by me using Shade3D. I made 2 morphs and the rest of the face shape includes very minor dialling of the default DuskSE INJ head morphs. Due to the sever stylisation of the head shape, I had to make the internal parts transparent, except the tongue. This is probably acceptable, based on canon style format.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Here's a comparison of the default and morphed version of my anime stylisation of DuskSE. I have to be honest, his head is not the easiest to work with, even without INJ morphs applied.

(File too big for uploading to this forum - showing in my Gallery at DeviantArt)

My Morphed vs Default DuskSE Figure

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear your having issue with the Dusk resolution. Not sure if he's actually set up for gaming. You have a good start but if other figures will work better then you have to do what you gotta do!

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Folks - My write-up of my methodology is messed up - I need to update my DeviantArt Journal so that it is corrected.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
I made an anime body morph for DuskSE using the Poser Pro 11 morph brush, then exported it as an INJ pz2. I created some fantasy clothes for him using Shade 3D, and finished them up inside Poser Pro 11. I am using the Cycles Surface with my version of cel shaders on these items. The open jackets are in conforming and dynamic cloth versions. There are more items, but I have not rendered those yet. (Background images from Pixiv free material community, adapted by me using Clip Studio Paint Pro. For some of the clothes, I used Paganeagle2001's Starter Suit Merchant Resource For Dusk).

Clothingtest03.jpg

Clothingtest02.png

Clothingtest04.jpg

Clothingtest06.jpg