• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Crazy weather

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Really awful storms here tonight. At one point I thought we were in the middle of a tornado - sounded just like a freight train, trees snapping, bent in half, lightening, thunder, house shaking in the thunder and wind. Normally, I like a good storm, but tonight really scared me for a bit.

Still raining (about 3 hours now) but the winds have died down and the lightening is far enough away to watch and admire nature's wonders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had a really crazy Spring storm here a few years ago. Only lasted about 10-15 minutes, but it brought down a good number of large trees in this neighborhood, one outside our building. The wind was so strong, my living room curtains were flying completely horizontal. So much so, I thought they were going to come flying down. Luckily they didn't. ~sheesh~

We had warm-ish weather here today, high of 60, but it's supposed to go back down to real Winter weather tonight, and for the next few days. I wish Mother Nature would just make up her mind already. ~shakes head~

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
We had a really crazy Spring storm here a few years ago. Only lasted about 10-15 minutes, but it brought down a good number of large trees in this neighborhood, one outside our building. The wind was so strong, my living room curtains were flying completely horizontal. So much so, I thought they were going to come flying down. Luckily they didn't. ~sheesh~

We had warm-ish weather here today, high of 60, but it's supposed to go back down to real Winter weather tonight, and for the next few days. I wish Mother Nature would just make up her mind already. ~shakes head~

Yes, temps here have been nuts too. We had hard freeze warnings over the weekend, and today the high was 80 before the storms rolled in.

Spring here is always pretty scary with abundant tornado warnings and events, but this is the first time I actually felt like I was possibly right in the middle of one touching down. I really did expect the roof to come flying off the house any minute.

Early word is that a tornado did, in fact, touch down just a few miles west of us. I'm fairly certain we were very, very lucky this evening.

McGyver

Energetic
I'm honestly getting sick of the schizophrenic weather...
No rain here, but super windy... Being next to the Atlantic isn't helping I suppose.
I didn't listen to the weather and was not prepared.
Yesterday I decided to move a ton of stuff out of my shop, mostly scrap and junk and halfway through sorting it I got tired and thought about just leaving it out on the driveway and finishing it today.
For some reason I decided not to and sorted it all, threw out what I didn't need and put away what I wanted to keep.
It really would have sucked, had I not...
Last night everyone put out their recycling, mine got picked up just before the wind started this morning, but I ended up having to pick up my bin from the next block...
The other side of the road is littered with bottles and cans... Apparently people around here drink A LOT of wine.
We have been getting 50-60 mph gusts, which isn't so bad, but quite annoying.
But a few trees in the neighborhood decided to go off and see the world... I think one even got jiggy with the power lines a few blocks down... Luckily it's not my grid sector.
It was around 60°F yesterday, and around 5 AM it was still in the 50s... In a few hours it just dropped around 20°... And it looks like it's going down to the teens at night.
But apparently this is all "normal" and we should not be concerned...
Yeah... Climate change was made up by the Penguin Illuminati to fool humans into investing in ice or whatever the current alternate reality explanation is...
Eh... Yeah... Surrrre there is no climate change... This is aaaaaall yourrrr imagination...
And that squirrel I just saw blow past the window is one of those new flying squirrels...

Well... Stay safe and avoid any imaginary tornados or imaginary flooded roads or other imaginary life threatening weather hazards.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've been reading now and then over the past few years that the Arctic Ice Cap was melting, but from pictures I saw years ago, the Ice Cap was plenty thick. I guess that's not true any more.

I'm not surprised they're going to try something, I just wouldn't have thought of this plan. Would be nice if it works.

McGyver

Energetic
The only problem with that plan is that humans don't cooperate unless destruction in undeniably obvious and unavoidably imminent...
Or it's cheap, trendy and profitable... Like if making tiny paper hats for kitten could re freeze the arctic, we'd have billions of people buying overpriced paper hats via huge mega tech startups offering convenient one step purchase and direct to arctic shipping...
Or if like a dozen really dedicated people could use a hand pump and do it in few weeks...
Once they start saying "millions of..."
Naa... Extraterrestrials could give us a money back guarantee that it would fix the problem and people would still choose the lazy way out...
Humans like to wait until the boat is overrun with burning vampire rats, the whole ship is on fire and sinking as it's about to go over the waterfall into the volcano below to even begin to discuss how to start to fix things...
Even then you still have some bizarrely charismatic assmonkey who'll convince large numbers of idiots it's all a lie and everything is just fine... As he jet packs out at the last moment with all their cash... And even then at that last moment before melting in lava, they'll still be like "he'll be back... I like his tie, only honest people wear green ties..."
We have reached a point where there is virtually no problem on earth we can't solve through good science and sound logic... But we like to revert to ego, greed and the all time favorite, sheer stupidity in favor of getting things done.
On the plus side, I'm thinking of starting a company that will manufacture adorable and affordable paper hats for kittens and ship them directly to the arctic for customers...

I'm sorry I'm a horrible pessimist... it's just that I'm so optimistic, it turns to pessimism.
It's like drinking lots of coffee... eventually you crash and have to pee a lot.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Another typical spring in the south - tornadoes, hail (golf ball size hail today), rain, flooding, lightening.

Tonight's storm was an almost continuous lightening storm. 4 house fires locally today. Should have seen one of the strikes today - hit a tree, dug a trench several feet (probably water running) hit a brick wall, punched a hole in the wall and started the house on fire!

http://media.beta.wsbtv.com/photo/2...20170405141459127_7694613_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ouch! We're supposed to have very heavy rain tomorrow, but we don't usually get tornadoes this far north, at least not usually.

Stay safe Traci.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We don't usually get hit by cyclones here either Miss B, but we're still feeling the effects from flooding from last Thursday (and we only got the tail end of it and sent it onto New Zealand - sorry NZ!)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well we got more than heavy rain today . . . we've got thunder and lightning as well. Wonderful!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well the thunder and lightning seems to have stopped, but they did say the rain wouldn't necessarily be steady, but at several times during the day. It was raining earlier, but it stopped and started again, and that's when I heard the thunder and saw some flashes of lightning.

It's supposed to be partly sunny tomorrow, so maybe the rain is done for the day. I haven't been out today, so don't know about flooding or anything like that, so we shall see what's what tomorrow when I have to go out.

Edited to Add:
I just checked, and the sun's out. Boy those storm clouds must've been blown out quickly. I didn't expect to see sun until tomorrow.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad to hear the weather's improved. We have a lovely autumn day here so far unlike the weather up in Queensland and NSW's recently we've been lucky.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
New Zealand is awash, not unlike Queensland. The entire town of Edgecumbe, some 2000 folk, had to be evacuated yesterday after the Rangitaikei river burst its banks directly beside it. Who builds a town next to a flood river, WE DO! The people were not allowed to take their pets with them and I couldn't sleep last night thinking about all those poor animals, wet and cold and hungry and alone and frightened and drowned. I hate people sometimes :(

Lorraine

I just don't get it. How come in a state of civil emergency do the normal rules against animal cruelty become redundant?! And if you choose to tell the civil authorities to sod off and stay with your pets they will take you away by force?! I really hates them I do.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Totally understand your point of view on this Lorraine, but part of me understands why they did as well. Imagine for example that you stay with your pets and in the process end up dying...not unheard of. It has happened before. Where does that leave the authorities...how would your family react about you having stayed?

I don't like it but I think it's one of those things that whatever they chose to do people would be upset...so in the end they choose risk minimisation to avoid being sued for negligence.

Omg, I started to type something and realised I sounded like an old fart so totally removed it...:eek::eek::coffee::coffee: I need coffee.

Lorraine

I do understand that, Pen, I do. It's just a lot of peeps I know would prefer to expire with their pets. And think of how many dead animals will have to be collected after they allow people back in, which could be another two days. I still hates them.