• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise is shutting down

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
By any chance is there video of this webinar for those of us who missed it? I can't really do webinars because of poor internet access most of the time - and I would very much be interested in these techniques. I already use Magnets a lot on Hair, trees, plants, clothes, etc... to add more movement for animation - but would love to know more specifics about using them with Poser Physics for further enhancements.

It was Nerd3D's "Complete Guide to Animation in Poser" webinar from May 2018, ran by Digital Art Live. I think that one was free, but I don't know if those who didn't attend are eligible for the recordings.

D

Deleted member 325

I guess it will have to just go in my wishlist for now in hopes of better finances.

D

Deleted member 325

Found it. Thank you all. I hope to have some more stuff in the animation forum soon. I want to experiment with Dawn in Lightwave through Poserfusion.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, that one - sorry, thought it was the magnet one. Glad you found it, and thanks for clarifying, Ken.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I've never been aware of a limit to the amount of words/characters in a Conversation/Site Mail either. I do a fair amount of beta testing, and I'm always posting messages and renders/screenshots all the time, and have never gotten a message saying it can't be saved because it's too long.
Well, I am not the kind to shout the sky is falling. It has happened several times and the last time it did I mentioned it to Lisa...... I believe (unless my brain is deader than i hoped!). Of course I do not recall who I was trying to reach .......maybe Sparky since I have not gotten any response from messages posted in forums here and on her store. page I type all these words in and hit send and i get a message telling me of a limit character or word limit and i am off frustrated and angry it can't go through. I HATE TO TYPE! so when that happens i have a poopy fit like some dumb kid! Now I copy my message before i hit send so all my work doesn't disappear and if I can find an email addie I email it to the party or i just paste it into a forum post hoping I don't get noodle slapped by Admin!

D

Deleted member 325

@carmen indorato are you perhaps trying to send messages through the interaction option on the profile page? Those have a word limit, but are not Private Messages - I ask as I have seen a few messages between users in this fashion that I thought perhaps should have been or were meant to have been more private. Using the Interact option on the profile is like the FB equivalent of writing on their wall.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@carmen indorato are you perhaps trying to send messages through the interaction option on the profile page? Those have a word limit, but are not Private Messages - I ask as I have seen a few messages between users in this fashion that I thought perhaps should have been or were meant to have been more private. Using the Interact option on the profile is like the FB equivalent of writing on their wall.
Ohhhhh, I'm a Community Volunteer, and I didn't even know that option existed. Live and learn.

OK, if that's the case Carmen, that's why we're having different experiences. I always hover over my "Inbox" link at the top right of the forum, and then "Start a New Conversation" will appear at the bottom of that dialog box whenever I want to communicate with someone here on the forum. That way there's no limit as to the size of the message, and may be more suitable for your preferences. You just need to type in the "participants" Nick/Alias in the field at the top, and then type out your message.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Kage, could you please point me to that "Interact" option on Profile pages, as I just looked, and I don't see anything like that.

Terre

Renowned
Ohhhhh, I'm a Community Volunteer, and I didn't even know that option existed. Live and learn.

OK, if that's the case Carmen, that's why we're having different experiences. I always hover over my "Inbox" link at the top right of the forum, and then "Start a New Conversation" will appear at the bottom of that dialog box whenever I want to communicate with someone here on the forum. That way there's no limit as to the size of the message, and may be more suitable for your preferences. You just need to type in the "participants" Nick/Alias in the field at the top, and then type out your message.
You can also click the "start a conversation" option in their profile. It looks to me like that just opens up the standard message system.

deanna

Inspired
If I do that won't it create that stupid invisible file Poser asks for every time you save files out with that function activated? That is a pain in the heinie i no longer want to deal with....far, far worse for me than Flash having to be renewed every so often.

I don't know, but that's what it's doing, then go back to the flash version, yes. I can't think of why it would do that, but I can't think of why it works at all, so... :3

Miss B

CV-BEE
You can also click the "start a conversation" option in their profile. It looks to me like that just opens up the standard message system.
You can Start a Conversation from every page in the forum Terre. The "Inbox" is part of the main forum setup, so is available from everywhere. It's the "Interact" link on a member's Profile page Kage was referring to I don't see.

Terre

Renowned
Yup, and Ive done both. Poking around didn't let me find what they are talking about. I have posted a comment or 2 on McG's page but didn't get there by something labeled "interact".

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
OK...Didn't know about that button function on top right of page. I guess I thought going to someones bio page and initiating a message from there was starting a conversation with that person. It is there that I always find a character/word limited. Of course because my memory sucks I always forget and fall for the same problem. I have never used the function on top right inbox>start conversation function. Will try next time. If I have same problem with word limits I will try getting a screen capture and show everyone here helping with this so you can all see I am not crazy......brainless sometimes.....but not crazy! :)

D

Deleted member 325

Yup, and Ive done both. Poking around didn't let me find what they are talking about. I have posted a comment or 2 on McG's page but didn't get there by something labeled "interact".
also @carmen indorato - if you go right to the bio page and Post in the box there it is also the same as I am describing - it is like posting a message to the person's wall. If you click on a person's Nick to the left of their posts in the forums, it will bring up a small window and one of the option will be Start a Conversation - this is likely what most want to use as it is more like the private message option of most forums (except you can invite multiple people to a conversation so it becomes like a sealed thread between only select persons).

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I don't know, but that's what it's doing, then go back to the flash version, yes. I can't think of why it would do that, but I can't think of why it works at all, so... :3

Sorry I think it is called a .pmd file? For instance when I first got Poser 2014 I tried creating a figure using a character morph for V4. I didn't know anything about the functions so I was just playing in the Poser Default set-up. When I saved the file as a .pz3 file and reopened it much later I was asked to find a .pmd file. Having no damn idea what that was I went crazy trying to find it. So I went to the forums at Renderosity and asked there and was told to turn off that function you mentioned and sure enough it topped asking for the file.....ON NEWER CREATED FIGURES. Those created with that function turned on still required I find that stupid file. Apparently I was cleaning up my system and found all these .pmd files loosely placed in my Library folder and deleted them. SO of course every time I opened the file with those figures in them it asked for the missing file. I did not know for instance and discovered it by accident that Poser would create another .PMD file and put it in the same place in my Library Folder as that one deleted. Because it took so long to do so I thought the file was permanently broken so I deleted all the files that kept asking for the missing .pmd. Which sucked because I had to go back in and re-morph the base figures to get those carefully morphed figures back in play. Sucks not knowing what you(I) are doing!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
also @carmen indorato - if you go right to the bio page and Post in the box there it is also the same as I am describing - it is like posting a message to the person's wall. If you click on a person's Nick to the left of their posts in the forums, it will bring up a small window and one of the option will be Start a Conversation - this is likely what most want to use as it is more like the private message option of most forums (except you can invite multiple people to a conversation so it becomes like a sealed thread between only select persons).
OK thanks Kage and everyone else who helped here....will try these options out and get back.

Miss B

CV-BEE
AHA!!! I just saw your "Profile Message" to me, and yes those DO have a limit to the amount you can type. I just wasn't sure what you were referring to when you said "Interact".

Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry I think it is called a .pmd file? For instance when I first got Poser 2014 I tried creating a figure using a character morph for V4. I didn't know anything about the functions so I was just playing in the Poser Default set-up. When I saved the file as a .pz3 file and reopened it much later I was asked to find a .pmd file. Having no damn idea what that was I went crazy trying to find it. So I went to the forums at Renderosity and asked there and was told to turn off that function you mentioned and sure enough it topped asking for the file.....ON NEWER CREATED FIGURES. Those created with that function turned on still required I find that stupid file. Apparently I was cleaning up my system and found all these .pmd files loosely placed in my Library folder and deleted them. SO of course every time I opened the file with those figures in them it asked for the missing file. I did not know for instance and discovered it by accident that Poser would create another .PMD file and put it in the same place in my Library Folder as that one deleted. Because it took so long to do so I thought the file was permanently broken so I deleted all the files that kept asking for the missing .pmd. Which sucked because I had to go back in and re-morph the base figures to get those carefully morphed figures back in play. Sucks not knowing what you(I) are doing!

If my memory serves me correct that was the 'External Binary Morphs' option in the preferences section. I had a similar problem with Poser long before 2014 where anything saved had the .pmds added but they would get corrupt and trash the whole scene. Ever since then, one of the first jobs I do when upgrading or installing Poser on another machine is untick the option. There does seem to be a consensus that the problem I had is now fixed but once bitten twice shy so I still switch it off. I think the theory was it kept the saved files smaller than otherwise but with the cheap availability of fast storage I see no need to take the risk. The problem is, as you have found, once you switch it off you cannot and load the files saved that way. I guess you could tick the option on and load the file, then tick it off and resave the file, that might work but it is a right royal pain but maybe worth doing if there is a special scene you want to recover. For me, I have not used it for so long I have nothing left that is saved with the feature selected.