• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Clothes for Diva - how?

pixpax

Inspired
Hello all

I really like making kids stuff and have made some dresses for Diva. BUT......should they have been Dawn-sized?
I usually just copy morphs in Poser 11 - but it does not seem to do the trick for Diva.

I have made clothes for Dawn - and she is a dream to work with! Really good rigging and easy transferable morphs. So I am thinking that I might just have a bit of brain failure when it comes to Diva. When I try to make the clothing fit her it wrinkles like my old teachers forehead on days where my dog ate my homework. Or it just looks like ...... well, not fitting!

I have tried a lot of options - the fitting room, setup room, hacking a cr2 and screaming at my PC but nothing works. And I really REALLY want to do this.
Searching and lurking in the hive-forum here have not revealed the secret either.

I know there´s a lot of people smarter than me reading this now. So please do not just giggle - help, please.

Kind regards
Pixpax/Anette

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with transferring using copy morphs... I've always created the morphs for clothing I do in zbrush and then import the morph but I'm usually doing this in ds and then transferring to poser. I know I initially had problems with adjusting the rig to the right size in poser for diva... it's easy to do in ds but I don't remember how I fixed it in poser. Can you show me a picture of the copy morphs result and also if you can do an image with the bones showing I'll try to help but I don't even have poser installed at the moment.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just hope I can help. At least with DS I can provide the data files and for items I own but with Poser it's a bit harder as I don't have it installed. Not sure if I can create injection files for you via ds.

pixpax

Inspired
I hope so too - but even if we don´t succeed I REALLY appreciate that you want to :)
I have gotten just a bit further...
So here goes.

Heres Dawn in the Dawn-sized version of ther dress:
ScreenHunter 107.jpg

I copy the Diva-morph to the dress and get this:
ScreenHunter 108.jpg

The top conforms relatively well. I have grouped the skirt to the pelvis - and that does not work very well.

ANY suggestions are very welcome!

Kind regards
Pixpax/Anette

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice. Ok...I have seen that occur a lot in DS when not using a custom morph or a template for the skirt. I'm assuming you have just used copy morphs to resize? I normally find taking the outfit into my modelling program and resizing it manually gives the best results. I use Zbrush and rescale and then use the move tool to remove the bumps for the boobs. If you don't have access to a modelling program could you use orginal object in Poser rescale and use the morphing tool then export as an object and reimport as a morph? If you use the name plDiva for the morph it should follow the figure when the Diva morph is dialed in at least that's what happens in DS.

Edited to add: if you don't have an editing program and the object is one you created I'm happy to resize in Zbrush and provide you with the object to load into Poser.

Last edited:

pixpax

Inspired
Hi Pendraia and thanks for looking at this. I can resize it in my modelling program but if I try to rig it in poser it will go to Dawn size like....POOOF and then I´m in trouble as in the pictures.
So how do I avoid that, please?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I would load the original Dawn size outfit and load it as a morph. IIRC if you label it plDiva it will automatically use your morph when you dial her into Diva. At least that is what happens with DS. I don't have Poser installed to check how to load a morph but I'm sure there would be tutorials around. Let me check.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay it appears to be more complicated in Poser due to the way it functions at least on the head morphs I've found. Is this your original outfit? Because if so and you provide me the two objects I can set it up in DS and export as a CR2 file for you. If not you might need to start a thread about loading morphs in the Poser section. @Satira Capriccio might be able to help with the process.

pixpax

Inspired
Hi there.
What I did from the beginning was load the dress Dawn sized. Then I went into Posers Fitting Room - or Setup room, same result - and gouped & rigged it. That process went OK - it conforms to Dawn - not perfectly but with some tweeking we would be good.
Then I loaded Diva into Dawn and copied the morph to the dress. The results are shown in the images I posted previously.

It is my original dress - made in Marvelous Designer :)

I have tried using a Diva sized dress - that comes out even worse. I really cannot figure out what I am doing wrong or what else to do. This process works for Dawn clothing, La Femme, The Kids ect. With the Project Evolution figure I get a bit of folding when the figure is resized as with Diva but not much. There must be something I am doing wrong!

I will be happy to send you the dress and see if you can get it to cooperate! How can I do that?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Dropbox links tend to work for me or google drive. I can download it add the Diva morph you've made and then export as a cr2 file which is how I've gotten other morphs I made for Diva into Poser.