• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Cheongsam Dress for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Has it been tested for Poser Pro 11?

Certainly. I bet this is the version most HW testers have. They had it tested from there all the way down to PP2012. :)

Of course, it might give me the option of creating my own textures for P9.

Funny I like P11 so much, I have never used older versions if not for testing. ^__^

It won't pose a problem for me when I am able to get it.

Awesome! Like Miss B said, you can still use it P9 if you want to make your materials.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Funny I like P11 so much, I have never used older versions if not for testing. ^__^
Wellllll, when I first got PP11, I was only using to beta test stuff, and it took me a while to get used to SuperFly, though I'm certainly no expert . . . yet, so for rendering in FireFly, I pretty much stayed with P9.

Now, however, I'm getting more comfortable with SuperFly, so I've been using PP11 more for my own stuff, as it were, but still beta test in P9 when needed. Besides, that's where all my content is, as I've only been installing products for P10+, or SuperFly specific, to PP11.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Now, however, I'm getting more comfortable with SuperFly, so I've been using PP11 more for my own stuff, as it were, but still beta test in P9 when needed. Besides, that's where all my content is, as I've only been installing products for P10+, or SuperFly specific, to PP11.

Well, you still have FF in P11, and you can add all your P9 and P10 contents as external runtimes in P11. As a matter of fact, all my library is in Poser 7, added to all later Poser versions as an external runtime. I never had to move anything since Poser 7. :)

quietrob

Extraordinary
Well, you still have FF in P11, and you can add all your P9 and P10 contents as external runtimes in P11. As a matter of fact, all my library is in Poser 7, added to all later Poser versions as an external runtime. I never had to move anything since Poser 7. :)
Mine was the same way until my hard drive went belly up and I lost my content. Make sure you have backup's!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I do something similar to what Ken does and use the same runtimes regardless of the version of Poser I run. I add the runtime to the new version of Poser and point it to the same location as used in my other Poser versions. It saves space, and I pretty much instantly have the same content in the new version of Poser.

What I do differently though, is that my runtimes are stored in my Documents folder, not the Runtime of an earlier version of Poser. The only duplication is for the Python scripts which are installed in the Poser Runtime.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The only duplication is for the Python scripts which are installed in the Poser Runtime.

What I do for the Python scripts is to simply copy the entire folder from one Poser version to the next. If it asks me if I want to overwrite something, I say "no". The only file I want to overwrite is the "MainButtons.py", to use the same Python button presets from the previous version.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, you still have FF in P11, and you can add all your P9 and P10 contents as external runtimes in P11.
Exactly what I do as well. Even my DS3 Advanced Runtime is available in both my P9 and PP11 Libraries, which is why I never found it necessary to move all my content when I got a newer version of software. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hopefully the Cheongsam Dress will be hitting the store early next week. :) In the meanwhile, I am working on 3 other outfits for Dawn: one sci-fi, one casual, and one fantasy. The fantasy one is under internal beta-testing, and the casual one I am still modeling parts and accessories for it. Last night I've added high heels shoes, and today a pearls necklace. Next I want to add some kind of stylish bracelets.

I will start their dedicated threads when I have something more finished to show. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The casual outfit is the "Laced Sundress", and you have already seen several renders of it with different textures. It has a hat, shoes, neckless, and some bracelets I haven't modeled yet. The dress is posable with 5 body handles and the tassels can be shown/hidden with pose presets. It supports morphs for Dawn, Sora and CatsEyes.