1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you port from Generation 4 to Genesis?

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by TaishoBee, Nov 4, 2018.

1. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

I would like to use a K4 character on Genesis, I'm just not sure how to port it? Dunno if that makes sense?

2. Leana

Leana Enthusiast

Which version of Genesis?
    GenX2 program and its various add-ons enable you to convert morphs from generation 4 figures up to Genesis 3 (sadly the PA passed away so there's no G8 add-on). There's also tutorials for manual conversions in Daz forums, but that requires more work.
    For the texture, Genesis 1 has K4 UVs included, for other versions that would require using Map Transfer in DS to convert the K4 texture to other UVs for which there is a "legacy UVs for Genesis N" product or a converter available (M4 or V4 UVs for example).

3. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

I'm not picky about which version, So sad that the PA passed away. I've never used map transfer. Do you know if some good tutorials for this? I have GenX2, just not sure where to start with this since it's a character and not just the base figure.

4. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

I'm bumping this... I still need help.

5. Leana

Leana Enthusiast

Here's a post at Daz with instructions on how to transfer a K4 character to Genesis 1: K4 Morphs in GenX?

I checked again and I'm not sure if Genesis 1 has K4 UVs by default or if it was an add-on, but there's a K4 remap to use V4/M4 UVs here Kids 4 M4V4Textures Remap
    So the remapped K4 figure could be used to transfer the maps to V4 or M4 UVs with map transfer.
    Here's a tutorial to use Map transfer: [Tutorial] From Map Transfer to Material Presets
    It's meant for different G3 UVs but should work the same to transfer between UVs supported by other figures.

6. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

That's awesome, I followed the tutorial, but I'm having problems getting 3DUniverse's Kaitey for K4 transferred.

7. Leana

Leana Enthusiast

What kind of problem do you have?
    I don't have this character but from what I see on the product page my guess would be that the character is a combination of morph and scaling, which could be a problem for transfer.

8. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

Maybe that's the problem. I'm also using some of CDI's Morphlet morphs and they don't show up in the list of morphs, same with Kaitey.