• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can you port from Generation 4 to Genesis?

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I would like to use a K4 character on Genesis, I'm just not sure how to port it? Dunno if that makes sense?

Leana

Enthusiast
Which version of Genesis?
GenX2 program and its various add-ons enable you to convert morphs from generation 4 figures up to Genesis 3 (sadly the PA passed away so there's no G8 add-on). There's also tutorials for manual conversions in Daz forums, but that requires more work.
For the texture, Genesis 1 has K4 UVs included, for other versions that would require using Map Transfer in DS to convert the K4 texture to other UVs for which there is a "legacy UVs for Genesis N" product or a converter available (M4 or V4 UVs for example).

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Which version of Genesis?
GenX2 program and its various add-ons enable you to convert morphs from generation 4 figures up to Genesis 3 (sadly the PA passed away so there's no G8 add-on). There's also tutorials for manual conversions in Daz forums, but that requires more work.
For the texture, Genesis 1 has K4 UVs included, for other versions that would require using Map Transfer in DS to convert the K4 texture to other UVs for which there is a "legacy UVs for Genesis N" product or a converter available (M4 or V4 UVs for example).

I'm not picky about which version, So sad that the PA passed away. I've never used map transfer. Do you know if some good tutorials for this? I have GenX2, just not sure where to start with this since it's a character and not just the base figure.

Leana

Enthusiast
Here's a post at Daz with instructions on how to transfer a K4 character to Genesis 1: K4 Morphs in GenX?

I checked again and I'm not sure if Genesis 1 has K4 UVs by default or if it was an add-on, but there's a K4 remap to use V4/M4 UVs here Kids 4 M4V4Textures Remap
So the remapped K4 figure could be used to transfer the maps to V4 or M4 UVs with map transfer.
Here's a tutorial to use Map transfer: [Tutorial] From Map Transfer to Material Presets
It's meant for different G3 UVs but should work the same to transfer between UVs supported by other figures.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
That's awesome, I followed the tutorial, but I'm having problems getting 3DUniverse's Kaitey for K4 transferred.

Leana

Enthusiast
That's awesome, I followed the tutorial, but I'm having problems getting 3DUniverse's Kaitey for K4 transferred.
What kind of problem do you have?
I don't have this character but from what I see on the product page my guess would be that the character is a combination of morph and scaling, which could be a problem for transfer.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
What kind of problem do you have?
I don't have this character but from what I see on the product page my guess would be that the character is a combination of morph and scaling, which could be a problem for transfer.

Maybe that's the problem. I'm also using some of CDI's Morphlet morphs and they don't show up in the list of morphs, same with Kaitey.