• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Camera sets in Studio

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Kind of the opposite with me. I don't have PP11 yet, but I do have Blender Cycles, and they're essentially the same thing. But I'm finding it easier to light a scene with Cycles than FireFly. In fact, most of the time in Firefly I'm using mesh emitters to light a scene and indirect lighting.

I've begun to get a handle on mesh lighting a little bit in iRay, I did a render using all mesh lights using my upcoming character Bruna as the main focus. It was actually fun along with being slightly annoyed. Not at the process of learning but beating the knowledge into my old brain cells! lmao

Here you have about 7 mesh lights and one glow ball with an emitter set up with it as well. Getting the values high enough to actually make light was what was confusing me. Instead of really low values like 1600.00 I have to amp them up to like 130000.00 or variances of that to get good light.

Lighting - Success.jpg