Behind the Scenes at Crazy Ace Media

Discussion in 'WIPs & Previews' started by KageRyu, Mar 28, 2018.

1. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

I thought, now that we have a nice new forum for Animation and animators, I would go ahead and secure my thread for my WIPs and Behind the Scenes projects.

For those who do not know, Crazy Ace Media is the name for my Video and Commercial Arts studio (it's actually the 3rd name). Most of my artworks carry a copyright notice with this name and my real name on it, and is what I generally do my freelance Art, Video, Animation, and VFX work as (or did when I still did a lot of freelance work). Here, in this thread I will post some behind the scenes clips, animatics, motion tests, etc... I primarily got into Poser as a way to bring story ideas to life without the need for real actors (as trying to put together a low budget film time and again failed). I saw what Poser 4 was capable of and immediately fell in love with it's potential. Digital People that, with the right add-ons, could be morphed into any ethnicity, drag and drop clothing, drag and drop hair... like a virtual casting call! I started selling content as a CA to try to support my animation projects (and most of my income still goes to equipment and content for personal use).

I have a number of Animated Projects currently ongoing, but my two largest/most involved are The Misadventures of Jaimie and Tommy, and Falling Stars (a.k.a. Chronicles of the Void, a.k.a. Squad 5, a.k.a. Siege Galactic... I just can't decide on a title).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Me195, Rae134 and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  2. KageRyu

Simple Motion Graphic Intro I made some years ago.

3. Janet

Janet Ambitious Contributing Artist

Just subscribed to you channel on youtube.

4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Cool Kage, keep them coming. ;)

5. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Awesome!
    I'm going to pick your brain soon about an idea I have had. (I'm not quite ready to talk about it/do it yet).

6. KageRyu

Here's a quick motion test of another critter for the sci-fi project. I used Summoner65's Hell-Howler here. This is a flight and glide sequence, setting it up to be a seamless sequence that I can tile on multiple different creatures in a swarm (think I will make a post in the tutorials and theories section on Seamless animation later).

I think I need to make some small changes to the wing movement overall. May or may not adjust the body movement - I was going for a seahorse like effect on it, but not sure if I like it now.

Me195, Janet and mininessie like this.
  7. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Not sure but I think the wing membrane needs to be made 2-sided as it disappears when viewing the underside but looks great other than that.

Bonnie2001 and mininessie like this.
  8. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

I agree!

9. KageRyu

That's because this is a preview mode render - quite a common issue in preview mode. It has 2 sides in firefly.

Rae134 likes this.
  10. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I like it!

11. KageRyu

This time a VFX test - specifically pushing the capabilities of Poser Content and Poser Firefly. This clip is no where near final render quality, but is Raytrace 1 with shadows (needed to see the VFX properly). The weapon discharge is an experiment to see how feasible it would be to create/compose the weapons fire for some of the weapons in Poser using content I have and re-purposing materials. I think it has promise - especially if I render out of Poser 2012 using Shaderwork's Advanced Render Settings to automate separate passes for the VFX elements for later sweetening in post production. I do think I need to thicken the beam effect though.

For the Weapons effect I used:
    Nerd3D's Fire and Smoke Tool
    RuntimeDNA's Scatters:Snow (retextured)
    Simon3D's Engine Flare Prop
    Mix_Mash's Mage Rings (slight retexturing)

Janet likes this.
  12. FlickeringLight

FlickeringLight Inspired

To my eyes, the wing lift is the problem area, it looks like the wing "snaps" up, rather retiming the frame, I 'd first try duplicating the up frame and pasting a copy 2 frame on in the timeline, just to give you a momentary hold.

13. KageRyu

I haven't posted any WIPs in a while because I don't really want to give away all the good stuff I have coming before final renders, but production is sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. Especially since I have spent 5 months with more than 2/3 of my render processors unavailable. Right now I am trying to focus on finishing up a few more products for Hivewire3D and Renderosity marketplaces before the years out, and the animation/VFX mixdown is on a side burner.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.