• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Are free HW items in Poser available for DS Users

DanaTA

Distinguished
Happily, I'm still in the PC+. Had some spare change a year or so back and I'm good until Jan. 2021.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I was a PC member for many years, and then they made it the PC+ membership, but once I got back to using Poser regularly, and a lot of the PAs at DAZ stopped including Poser versions of their products, I slowing stopped buying. I never got past the original Genesis 1, so that's the last DAZ character I purchased for regularly. At that point it didn't pay for me to keep renewing.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yes, but in order to be in the PC, you have to pay. :)
Though it is probably worth it if you buy a lot of stuff.

DanaTA

Distinguished
With the free items every week, plus en extra one every month, plus the special discounts and the PC+ coupon...it more than pays for itself! I've done the math. It's just a matter of getting the initial funds. But it pays you back, plus some. Especially when you get it during the anniversary sale or the Christmas sale. I often get the annual one at 50% off.

Dana

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes, but in order to be in the PC, you have to pay. :)
Though it is probably worth it if you buy a lot of stuff.

You have to pay for Rendos Prime as well, and that has for me at least a lot less value than the PC, the coupons can be used on very little, Prime prices are usually only about 50% off at the most, PC items are usually 70-80% off. You get 2 coupons with PC only 1 with Prime. PC forums are relatively busy and questions get answered by the admin or mods quickly, whereas Prime forums appear pretty dead and questions take days to be answered and then not by admin.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
With the free items every week, plus en extra one every month, plus the special discounts and the PC+ coupon...it more than pays for itself! I've done the math. It's just a matter of getting the initial funds. But it pays you back, plus some. Especially when you get it during the anniversary sale or the Christmas sale. I often get the annual one at 50% off.

Dana

I forgot about the free items each week and 1 a month, not just 1 a month.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was going to post my thoughts on the value of a subscription based discount service ... but my thoughts regarding the value of the PC to me is guaranteed to upset some people.

Note: I also don't pay for a Sam's Club or Costco membership, although I do pay for the Amazon Prime ... but Amazon Prime is really more a shipping speed/delivery fee rather than product price discount service. Although, one has access to sooo many more things than just shipping speed with Amazon Prime ... from video, music, books, and stuff I probably don't even know about.

Believe me though, if I wasn't saving beaucoup bucks/oodles of money through subscribing to Amazon Prime, I'd drop it faster than you can say Jack Robinson.

Now, before you ask ... back in the 1700s, people used to pay social calls to their friends and acquaintances (calling cards and all). When they arrived, a servant would announce the visitor's arrival. Grose's Classical Dictionary (1785) explains that Jack Robinson was a man who may or may not have existed and who no sooner had been announced as a visitor than he had left. So, to do something faster than you can say Jack Robinson or doing something before you can say Jack Robinson implies it's going to be done quickly.

One could think of Jack Robinson as an early version of the Roadrunner.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, but in order to be in the PC, you have to pay. :) Though it is probably worth it if you buy a lot of stuff.
It was back when I was doing 90% of my 3D shopping at their store. I stopped when it was no longer viable.

Note: I also don't pay for a Sam's Club or Costco membership, although I do pay for the Amazon Prime ... but Amazon Prime is really more a shipping speed/delivery fee rather than product price discount service. Although, one has access to sooo many more things than just shipping speed with Amazon Prime ... from video, music, books, and stuff I probably don't even know about.
I've never gone for that either, but that's probably because I don't do the videos, music, books, etc. I have over 600 eBooks to read which I got through a subscription to Bookbub, which eventually takes you to Amazon to get the eBooks, but even though Amazon Prime is reasonably priced, I couldn't justify it if I wasn't going to be using all it's benefits. ~shrugs~

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It was back when I was doing 90% of my 3D shopping at their store. I stopped when it was no longer viable.

I've never gone for that either, but that's probably because I don't do the videos, music, books, etc. I have over 600 eBooks to read which I got through a subscription to Bookbub, which eventually takes you to Amazon to get the eBooks, but even though Amazon Prime is reasonably priced, I couldn't justify it if I wasn't going to be using all it's benefits. ~shrugs~

No longer viable for you,. some of us still find it good value, as Dana points out it pretty much pays for itself.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I'm sure if I was still doing a lot of shopping there, I'd still be a PC+ member, as it was definitely a good value.