• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Are free HW items in Poser available for DS Users

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just wondering .. as Dawn/Dusk is available to Poser users for 'free' if they buy Poser does the same apply for DS users in that they will be getting them for free as well?

asking for a friend :cautious:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Not totally clear what you're asking. Poser 11.2 includes the Poser version of the products, so will be "free" for anyone buying Poser.

The DS version is not included. Does that answer the question?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I'm asking seeing that Poser users get them for free do DS users also get them for free ... that's as clear as I can put it I think :unsure:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm asking seeing that Poser users get them for free do DS users also get them for free ... that's as clear as I can put it I think :unsure:

Sure! If Daz 3D would like to include Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna, the HiveWire Horse and the Gorilla in their Daz Studio software, I'm sure we could work out a deal.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
the tone of your responses to me suggest otherwise ... anyways .. carry on :flower02:

Perhaps you're reading too much into my responses. I have addressed all of your questions today with straightforward answers.

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually Lisa beat me to the punch, but I was going to say yes, any DS user buying Poser 11.2 would get the Hivewire figures for free too. :sneaky:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've moved these posts out of the Dawn 2 WIP thread. And yes, I already explained (I thought) that Poser 11.2 includes the Poser version of the products, so will be "free" for anyone buying Poser.

And that the DS version is not included.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I am guessing that there is some form of behind the scenes royalty to HW3D for each Poser sale - I do not know for sure or details, but based on other Artist I knew in past who had content in Poser this was how it worked. So while it may seem "free" to the end user, HiveWire3D is likely making sales with each sale of Poser. I believe LisaB's response was meant to indicate that if such an agreement were to be reached with Daz3D regarding Daz Studio then HiveWire 3D would be happy to include the figures "free" with Daz Studio.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I think it's misleading to say that the figures are 'free with Poser', even if that's how it's being phrased. They are included with the purchase of Poser, so you only get the figures by spending money. It's almost (though not exactly) like saying you can buy a figure bundle and get a free copy of Poser with it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think some folks are referring to the HW characters included with PP11.2 as "free", because they're not being charged "extra" for those characters. IOW, normally you would pay a specific amount for the softwrare, and a specific amount for the characters. In this case everything is included in the cost of the software, so it seems as though you're getting those characters for free. Actually, you're just not paying a "separate" fee for the characters. At least that's how I understand it, though I'm not sure how Bondware came up with the cost of the PP11.2 software for those who didn't have an earlier version of PP11, or PP 2014 Game Dev, which versions received the "free" upgrade to PP11.2.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I comment on this term often. The "other" place often has BOGO sales. Buy One Get One Free. But that's not really free. Free means you spend no money, but still get something. What it really is, is a bonus.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, all of their special freebies during sales are only available if you purchase something else. The only time I could get anything really free was when I was a PC member, but it's been a verrrry long time since I gave that up.