• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone tried ZBrush 4R8 yet?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
When you say the GoZ project folder do you mean the project folder inside where the program is installed?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hi Pen, if your on a PC then it would be under Users> Public> Pixologic> GoZ Projects ... there is a "Default" folder and then I just created one next to it called "RAMWorks".

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah... I never use the users folders. I always save to Projects in the Pixologic/Zbrush folder as I have it on a separate drive and there is more space there...it does tend to mount up after a while...

Dylan

Eager
....If you, like myself, keep your GoZ projects in the GoZ project folder or a sub folder (I do, named RAMWorks) and then uninstall the previous version of ZBrush, make sure you have that folder backed up somewhere because when I did the uninstall the GoZ folder uninstalled all my works....

Yes I've always been careful with that when upgrading ZBrush. All my custom brushes, alphas etc. I save out first, and only delete the old ZBrush version when I've moved everything to the new version.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's what I do. I still have 4r7installed as i haven't moved things over yet. I like to use the folders inside the program folder as in my version thats where it defaults to. Less clicks to find things that way.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeh...its probably some sort of configuratio file somewhere, but I'm quite happy with it there. I have bought some skin alphas which I store in the zalphas file as I dont want too mucch in the start up file also.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Just to make sure, is there still a 32 bit version for 4r8? I have not tried the latest version for fear it was just 64 bit. Right now I am grateful to have a 32 bit computer (otherwise I would be stuck with just a kindle fire instead of a computer. Not that kindle fires are bad but cannot do my art on one.)
If so, I am heading to the zbrush website as soon as I can.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Trying to look at the Zbrush website on computer to see if I can get an answer on 32 bit part. Accidentally pressed the upgrade from Zbrush core button but I do not have core but the full version which was an upgrade from way back when I got I think Zbrush 3. So far my computer's internet is slower than the internet on my tablet even though they use the same wifi connection. Confusing to me.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
They released a r1 patch for the new ZBrush. Just go to your ZBrush folder and click the updater and it takes care if things. No need to reactivate either.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sorry, Pixo switched formally to offering only 64 bit versions now.

Yup, did the update and it went flawlessly. Not sure what the added or fixed. Anyone got the link to the list of what the update patch did to the program?

I'm still on R7 as something seems to cause the installation of the new version to hang. Any clue what I need to do to give it a kick?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
At what point is it hanging Daywalker? Did you turn your antivirus software off when installing? Sometimes that can cause problems.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I'm still on R7 as something seems to cause the installation of the new version to hang. Any clue what I need to do to give it a kick?

If you are upgrading 4r7, it can be buggy for some people. It's better to just do a full install of 4r8 and then move your 4r7 projects, custom brushes and stuff over to r8.