• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone interested in playing with a process for converting stuff to Dawn in DS?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi All,
I've been trying to find a way for people to use my morphs for clothing conversions I've done. At this point it is DS only, but once I have this process worked out I'll see what can be done for Poser.

Lorraine has been helping and she has successfully managed to use two of the morphs I've done. One is the V4 MFD from Daz and the other is a dress for K4 from Bobby. The only thing I will be providing beside the tutorial is a morph file from DS so it's all totally legal as we're allowed to share morphs we have created.

If you do decide to attempt this the only restriction on using these files is that you do not share the files but point people to this thread instead and please provide feedback. Especially if you get stuck...

Here's the process I provided to Lorraine.

Load Dawn

Load the B2550Dress by Bobbie25 from the Poser content/Figures/Bobbie25/B25MilKids4Clothing

Convert the dress by selecting it in the scene tab. Right click on the tab name and go to Edit/Rigging/Convert Figure to Weight Mapping

A dialogue box will pop up click ok.

At this point we will try saving the outfit to see if it will then work with my saved morph file. By going to File/Save as/Support Asset/Figure Prop Assets

Do not worry at this point that it doesn't fit to Dawn as we're going to try and fix that at a later point.

Now...I think will need to use the same path that I've used for it to have any hope of working.

This part highlighted in green Lorraine said she didn't need to rename the file.

So save it to People/Dawn/Clothing/Pendraia/Conversions/B2550Dress.

Call it B2550DressDawnfit click save...this will load a new dialogue box.

Now the tricky bit is to get it to create an identical data folder in your DS runtime.

So at the top of this box there is a box for Vendor Name type in Pendraia Fae needs to be exactly the same as I've typed it.

Leave the Product name as Product or type it in if it doesn't pop up automatically.

The item name should be B2550DressDawnFit.

For the moment don't worry about the other boxes just click okay.

Now I need you to go into your data folder and check for Pendraia Fae/Product/B2550DressDawnfit.

There should be a dsf file that will be called something like B25K450Dress_86187.dsf

Your number will probably be different as DS generates the numbers.

Rename your file to match the file name I've listed above.

Pop the Pendraia Fae folder in the Data folder under Morphs.

Pendraia Fae/Product/B2550DressDawnfit/Morphs

Load the file you saved and dial in the Dawnfix morph (it may load already dialed and fit it to Dawn. Use Dvl_Lvd's Clean Gown template. At this point we might need to resave it...unknown territory I'm afraid...

Now Lorraine did have a problem with using autofit but using this process was able to fix it. So when you have the item on Dawn and need to rig it to her use the following:

Click on the transfer utility. Select dawn for the source figure in the target change it to current. Choose the gown projection template.
Try leaving the settings at default and try hit okay.

Some notes from Lorraine:
OK. Firstly, you can put the item anywhere you want. Mine is in: !!!People/!!Diva/Clothing/Pens Conversions. Did not have to rename file in Pendraia Fae data folder. Transfer Utility, I used current for both, no reverse source. Smoothing 10, collision default. Works!!!!!

SubD not optional after all, makes the sleeve much better. I have it on 1.

Edited to add: Also if bending the elbows on the MFD remove the jcm elbow to by turning it to zero otherwise you will end up with baggy elbows.

Files
Dropbox - Pendraia FaeB2550Morphs.zip
and attached file for morphing fantasy dress.

My teddy.jpg
Medieval Maidenspw.jpg

Attachments

• V4MFDMorphs.zip
    314.3 KB · Views: 243

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, first dumb questions. I don't have the B2550 dress. So, I was moving on to the MFD, which I do have. But, do I load it from V4? or V3? or Genesis 1, 2, 3? I have all of those. Do I load it from DS or from Poser? When I'm loading, do I merge it into scene? Or let it try to load to Dawn? Since you said to load Dawn first. Sorry.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
First, there is no such thing as a dumb question and if you need it clarified then we need to add things to the tutorial so that the info is there.

Do not fit it to Dawn just load it in the workspace. If you do not select Dawn it should load without fitting.

Merge into scene or double click it will both work.

V4 dress as that one has more morphs than the more recent Genesis versions.

This is DS only

Note to self: Need to do printscreens of each stage.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I picked TriAx

Might put in where to find the Transfer utility, I always have to go look under every entry to find it, cause I always forget.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Am I supposed to add smoothing? I did, turned it up to 10 collision on Dawn, but the sleeves still don't work. And it sticks out from her back oddly. I'll attach a picture. Dawn Dress refit.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Dakorillon,

Yes, it is triax, good suggestion about the transfer utility.

I'm thinking that you might not have dialed the DawnFit Morph in? As what I'm seeing is what it looks like before dialing it. Can you check in the parameters tab?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm having trouble understanding this:
>Pop the Pendraia Fae folder in the Data folder under Morphs.
>Pendraia Fae/Product/B2550DressDawnfit/Morphs

>Load the file you saved and dial in the Dawnfix morph (it may load already dialed and fit it to Dawn. Use Dvl_Lvd's Clean >Gown template. At this point we might need to resave it...unknown territory I'm afraid...

I'm going through again, the first time I just sorta guessed at stuff.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do I delete the original dress? Or do I apply the new one somehow to it? I think I'm going to erase everything and start again.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm having trouble understanding this:
>Pop the Pendraia Fae folder in the Data folder under Morphs.
>Pendraia Fae/Product/B2550DressDawnfit/Morphs

>Load the file you saved and dial in the Dawnfix morph (it may load already dialed and fit it to Dawn. Use Dvl_Lvd's Clean >Gown template. At this point we might need to resave it...unknown territory I'm afraid...

At this point you should have saved the dress. I suggested to save like this:
So save it to People/Dawn/Clothing/Pendraia/Conversions/B2550Dress. In the case of the V4Morphing Fantasy Dress I would substitute this So save it to People/Dawn/Clothing/Pendraia/Conversions/V4Morphing Fantasy Dress.
The morph file would go into the Morphs folder for your saved dress file which should be similar to the path above.

If you did this bit : So at the top of this box there is a box for Vendor Name type in Pendraia Fae needs to be exactly the same as I've typed it.

It should be in the Data Folder under Pendraia Fae.
Do I delete the original dress? Or do I apply the new one somehow to it? I think I'm going to erase everything and start again.
Do you mean in the workspace? Yes delete the one you have converted and saved. Then reload or the morphs won't show.

I think I need to do some more work on the instructions with images. This is all good though because it shows me where I've not been clear.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay went through again with your new instructions, shut down DS and then reopened and reloaded Dawn and the new saved dress. And missing file. So, looked up the file and it's in a different folder (DawnM) that apparently you named? As I didn't name it that. So, I moved everything into a folder named that, in the full path below, and the dress loaded. But, I'm not finding any Dawnfix morph to dial in. I don't know what else you might need a screen shot of to see where I'm going wrong. :(Missing File.jpg Extra Folder.jpg Dials.jpg