• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Anyone have a good recipe...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
you can substitute it for almost any nut you like, toasted pine nuts are good and I've heard other people use pecans (but I haven't tried it)

atticanne

Inspired
I use salt pork more than I use bacon or ham. I was raised on the southern border of Texas and in the piney woods of East Texas (Southern cuisine). I always use salt pork when cooking pinto beans or any kind of greens (turnip, collards, etc.).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not sure if its just an American thing, I've seen just about all there is regarding meat in Aus :)

I think your biscuits are different to what we call them too :p (yours look like what we call scones and your cookies are what we call biscuits)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not sure if its just an American thing, I've seen just about all there is regarding meat in Aus :)

Salt Pork (Wikipedia entry) :
Salt pork - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's primarily a southern United States thing I think, but I have been exposed to it once in a while in the Northeast of the U.S. here as well. I never was exposed to it when I was in the PNW, but depending on the area it can be a staple in some households, or a once in a while treat in others. Mostly a southern American food, I think.

I don't care for it, personally. I find it far too salty even when allowed to boil off much of the salt, but many folks do enjoy it, and if used very sparingly, it CAN mix well as an enhancer ingredient in other foods. And it's good for making meat jerky with...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

I think your biscuits are different to what we call them too :p (yours look like what we call scones and your cookies are what we call biscuits)
Not something we can get in Austratalia. We can get pancetta though...

Welcome to the Hive AtticAnnne....

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Someone has already mentioned blistered green beans. These are very good.
I grow green beans (bush and pole) in my garden so we have them a lot during the summer. They are usually cooked then a touch of butter added to the water and a few soda crackers crumbled on top (after draining). Onion bits are good too. Adding the butter to the water instead of draining first adds just a bit of flavor without all the calories.

Hubby and I like our veggies naked except for green beans, brussel sprouts and corn on the cob. I grew up with butter on these and it's hard to give up the bit of butter flavor on them.