• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Adobe just changed their policies

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah those are good as well, though I was thinking of 2 other "companies", which will remain nameless since I don't want to get into any kind of argument. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm a CC subscriber, but haven't had any notification as to which previous versions of the software I can still run. Most of it is reasonably up to date, but the laptop -- which is on an older OS has some earlier versions of the programs. I'm currently assuming that if I boot up and try to launch something that's been pulled, I'll at least get a notification.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Photoshop used to be the anchor for a whole cottage industry of plug-ins. Some of them did some really amazing things. Quite a few of them are still around, but there's been quite a turnover.

Most of the things like brushes and styles(?) built for Photoshop work in GIMP and other programs.

eclark1894

Visionary
Photoshop used to be the anchor for a whole cottage industry of plug-ins. Some of them did some really amazing things. Quite a few of them are still around, but there's been quite a turnover.

Most of the things like brushes and styles(?) built for Photoshop work in GIMP and other programs.

I know and it doesn't really cost me anything. Plus, many of the tutorials for creating patterns and designs also work in GIMP. I've found articles on making denim patterns in Photoshop that I can use in GIMP and even ways of editing photos. Yes, there are different ways of doing things, kind of like Poser and Studio, but they accomplish pretty much the same thing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Back when I still had a desktop AND a laptop, I had Gimp on my laptop, since I had Photoshop on my desktop.

I liked Gimp, though back then there were some Photoshop goodies that didn't work in it, but more than likely do now. I had no issues with Gimp, but I guess I was just more familiar with Photoshop because I'd used it much longer. I also had been using PaintShop Pro for years before getting into Photoshop, so didn't really need a third 2D graphics app, so didn't reinstall it on this laptop.