• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Add your Render Challenges ideas here

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Something to do with atmospherics might be a nice idea. It could be left wide open and include fog, mist, distance haze, and all aspects of weather (rain, sleet, snow... wind?) or it could be more specific. There's lots of room for artistic expression, and also lots of technical stuff to explore.

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Or what about having a starting point that everybody has to use, e.g. Dawn with pose A and Dusk with pose B. You're not allowed to change the poses (except perhaps hands, facial expressions, and body translation/rotation) and you have to build your scene around that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I like both of those. I'm sure that when the current challenge is complete we will be looking at this thread for ideas for the next one. There have been some terrific ideas...

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I googled around for forum games and found one called, "Find me a Picture" where the first poster says for example - Find me a picture of a creature working on a car.
As soon as someone quotes that post with an image then they can put up their request. No request ever die, but the only way you can make a request is to find a picture of an any earlier request. If that makes sense maybe a spin on that called (Make me a Render) or (Render Demand) or (Interactive Forum Game)

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm a practical person and I like to use Poser for practical things, so let's have a render challenge where you create or re-create your favorite magazine ad or book cover. Like this: This is a book cover I did some time ago for a book I'll probably never finish writing:

Spellcaster7.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that would be wonderful, especially if the "hair" texture could be added to it. Nice idea Earl.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like your idea for a render challenge Earl. If you want to set it up, go right ahead. I think there was a similar render challenge years ago back when DAZ had the ArtZone forums. They can get very interesting, and creative.

eclark1894

Visionary
I like your idea for a render challenge Earl. If you want to set it up, go right ahead. I think there was a similar render challenge years ago back when DAZ had the ArtZone forums. They can get very interesting, and creative.
What do i need to do?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Check out these 2 non-HiveWire sponsored, render challenges from last year.

The first is Pendraia's Postage Stamp Art Challenge

The second is Dawn/Lully's Once Upon a Time Render Challenge

With Dawn/Lully's challenge, she gave away prizes from her store, but Pendraia wasn't a CA back then, so only made it a "fun" render challenge without any prizes.

Once you have it set up, and folks have posted, you can run a "poll" for everyone to vote for the winner, which is what Pen did for her Postage Stamp Art Challenge. Just pick what you feel is an appropriate amount of time for folks to have fun rendering and posting their entries.

eclark1894

Visionary
Wait I got it. Let's run both simultaneously.

The book covers can be any genre you like, but it MUST feature prominently Dusk and/or Dawn.

The magazine ads MUST be an ad for ANY Hivewire product currently in the store.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, but you can still make it one challenge. Everyone will just have to state which they're posting their entries for. Then you can set up 2 polls, one for the book covers, and one for the magazine ads. How's that sound?

Also, pick a total number of entries for each per entrant. IOW, we usually do no more than 3 entries per person but, and this is just a suggestion, you can limit it to 2, because all entrants can post in BOTH categories, so in essence each person can post 4 entries, 2 for each category..