• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A strange way of working.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well Hivewire was already my new home but it looks like, forum wise it is my only home now. I have recently received an email from Renderosity stating that I have a site mail, however, in trying to read this I find I have now been banned and my account closed. To my knowledge I have never had a post removed and i was not part of any ongoing flame war.

Can't say it bothers me much as I don't buy from there, don't have a gallery and all of my purchases are backed up. That said I am really curious to know what finally got me banned ( I have been critical for a while but remained honest and respectful).

Looking on the bright side at least my credit card is a lot more secure and I cannot be tempted to spend there, but it does seem a very strange way of doing business, ban me by all means but at least give me the courtesy of explaining why.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Well, looking at one of your latest post there, I can only guess it was because you continued commenting on an issue after a moderator had stepped in and told everyone to leave it. Only speculation tho. In which case, expect a few other people to be banned as well, as you weren't the only one that continued

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You can always email Renderosity support and find out what happened.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good point Tana. I would definitely email them Hornet, and have them explain why you've been banned.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, looking at one of your latest post there, I can only guess it was because you continued commenting on an issue after a moderator had stepped in and told everyone to leave it. Only speculation tho. In which case, expect a few other people to be banned as well, as you weren't the only one that continued

I wasn't aware that I had but if that is the case I can't argue with the banning although it seems a little severe considering I have never been banned before or had a personal warning. It is not the ban that is the issue for me, although it was a surprise, and they have every right to ban whoever they like but an email to my email address explaining just what I had done would be nice rather than an email to my site mail that I no longer have access to. As I said in another thread on related to moderation, how is anyone expected to avoid whatever it is they have done when they don't know what they have done wrong. Your speculation could well be right but it would be nice to know.

Hornet3d

Wise
I might well do that but I will need to find the support address as I no longer have access to any part of the Renderosity site.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, I have managed to find the email address of admin and have sent an email stating that I respect their right to ban anyone from their forums but would it be possible to at least explain why I have been banned in this instance.

I can make an informed judgement if they bother to respond but I have to say, having spent many thousands of dollars over the years, and never had a warning (not that I haven't been critical) it seems a little harsh to me at this point. I may change my mind once I know what crime I am guilty of, we will see.

Could be worse, Hivewire might have just signed an exclusive deal with them and that would impact me.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd want to know why I was banned from the store and my account forcibly closed.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'd want to know why I was banned from the store and my account forcibly closed.

Thank you for that, it least it makes me feel I am not being unreasonable. I don't always succeed but I always try to be helpful, respectful and refrain from personal attacks, that does not mean I shy away from the truth though. I always try to keep in mind the words of a poem I learnt many years ago 'speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others'. That being the case I am surprised to find I have suddenly had my account effectively deleted without any prior warning, that is not to say I am innocent but I honestly cannot think of what I have done that would warrant such a sever action unless being critical is now a banning offence, it seems unfair, then again no one ever promised life would be fair.

Thank you for the link by the way.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I agree Tana. Banning Hornet from the forums because of comments he made is one thing. Banning him and closing his store account . . . that's something totally different.

Willowisp

Adventurous
I agree, banning without any explanation is not right, and also without any prior warning. I was a victim of that myself some time ago, but managed to get it sorted with the help of a different admin than the one that banned me - that admin has since been let go, much because of what they did to me. My speculation could be completely off and it could be because of something else. It is also possible that it is just a temp ban. It could also be that you accidentally got swept up in something bigger, I know that happens often in gaming forums.

Hornet3d

Wise
I agree, banning without any explanation is not right, and also without any prior warning. I was a victim of that myself some time ago, but managed to get it sorted with the help of a different admin than the one that banned me - that admin has since been let go, much because of what they did to me. My speculation could be completely off and it could be because of something else. It is also possible that it is just a temp ban. It could also be that you accidentally got swept up in something bigger, I know that happens often in gaming forums.

Thanks for that, I did welcome your speculation on the possible cause it is helpful in the absence of any facts. It is also good to see my posts through another eyes. I am sad to loose the forum but my bigger concern is the lack of access to all the content I have purchased with good money in the past. As it is I have multiple backups but what if that was not the case.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Honestly that's totally ridiculous, I've seen your posts at rendo and have never seen you be anything but polite considerate and understanding.
I've been way more critical than you have ever been I hope that it is just an error and that you get it sorted out quickly, I'd be livid if they deleted my account without warning, makes me feel that it may not be a bad idea to make sure that I have everything from there backed up.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm so sorry this has happened to you Hornet - hope you can get it cleared up by contacting support (did you get the email address?)

Hornet3d

Wise
Honestly that's totally ridiculous, I've seen your posts at rendo and have never seen you be anything but polite considerate and understanding.
I've been way more critical than you have ever been I hope that it is just an error and that you get it sorted out quickly, I'd be livid if they deleted my account without warning, makes me feel that it may not be a bad idea to make sure that I have everything from there backed up.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you Hornet - hope you can get it cleared up by contacting support (did you get the email address?)

Thank you both for your comments and yes I have received an email from them explaining the position and I need to clarify things here but do it in a way that is fair to all parties.

Apparently the ban arises from members who have been upset at my comments relating to Renderosity in other forums, but I don't know if that means other forums there or other sites such as here.. Apparently I also lied. Now I am dismayed by the first as I am uneasy with the fact I upset anyone and bewildered by the second. Irrespective of that, with complaints like this I do understand the ban although I do think it could have been sorted a lot easier without the ban. The ban is also for 24 hours which is hardly draconian but in my defense I did not know that only that my account was blocked. They also said that I have been warned before, something I honesty can't remember but if true it again supports the ban. I wish it could have been resolved sooner and easier but I now understand and respect Rendos decision on this.

I have made some suggestions on a way forward and left it up to Renderosity to decide what they want to do in relation to my account long term.

To be honest, I don't like the idea of being banned, even for a short time, but I am far more upset with the thought that I have upset others. Just in case it was members here I would like to apologise to anyone who found my post to be upsetting. Assuming the ban is lifted I will make the same apology there.

Willowisp

Adventurous
It is good that you have received an explanation, and that the ban was only temporary.

As to what they mean about it, I can imagine it has to do with some posts you've made where you have stated that you refuse to shop at Rendo because your CC got hacked so many times. Aside from the two occasions where they admitted they were at fault, there really is no proof that the breach happened at Rendo, and I can understand how it might get tiresome for some people, and certainly for Rendo, to see that accusation over and over again, even if it's only implied and not directly. That might be what they meant about lying as well (mind you I'm not saying you are lying, but from their point of view, it might be seen that way). Just my two cents, and for the record, I have never been offended by your posts :)