• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

45-day Zbrush trial? When did this happen?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that IS new. I also don't remember ever seeing trial downloads.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Yea, me neither. I think it's a smart move tbh, and that it's a longer term than most trials and fully functional.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, most are only 30-day trials. I think it's a good move on their part as well. How many artists would pass up ZBrush simply because they have no idea whether they could use it, or if it would fit in their workflow? Having a trial available makes for more purchases, than if there's no trial to see if you even want to purchase it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmmm, I don't recall seeing it when a friend of mine was looking for it last year, but then, he might have just missed when they made it available.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Could very well be, as I also looked for it for him, and couldn't find it.

Of course, I let him know it's now available, and he's pretty happy. :)

Dylan

Eager
Pixologic pulled the trial version around 2014 for some reason. They only made it available again last year, presumably because it was being requested all the time over at ZBC.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I got the trial last year, around Easter time I think. It had all the functions afaik and I decided to pool all my dog walking money and buy the student version which is half the price of the commercial version and still has all the functions and gets all the free upgrades.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I may just have to check that out. Thanks for the heads-up Bonnie. ;)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I think it's worth it too. I believe it shows in product renders in the stores too. I mean when I look at renders of clothing, the tiny details like stitching, seams, cloth patterns just can't be done with diffuse textures alone. You just can't beat sculpting right on the mesh and getting detailed Normal maps from it.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I downloaded it. I need some getting started tutorials. I am going to find something. I can't , I'll be posting in my thread about it.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Go straight to the Pixologic channel on YouTube and browse their tutorials. They tend to be short ones which is great and means you can cram loads of them in a short time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I've just randomly browsed some of the contributing artists products and it's easy to spot the ones using ZBrush. If I was a gambler, I would put money on 3DUniverse, Mech3D and Spiritfoxy being ZBrushers.