• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Thanks, Ken :)

No, Miss B, can't imagine dynamic stockings staying up ;) But Poser dynamics are a mystery to me, they contain elements of witchcraft!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Fabiana has a set of shaders which are designed for stockings. The ones she just released are for studio, but there is an older set for Poser procedurals. Firefly rather than Superfly, I expect.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, Miss B, can't imagine dynamic stockings staying up ;) But Poser dynamics are a mystery to me, they contain elements of witchcraft!
Not really Lorraine. If you got Satira's Nouvelle Aube she included an extensive tutorial with it. That was what I followed when I was testing, because I had never done dynamics in Poser before, and it was easy to follow.

The only thing that takes some pondering is a couple of settings, depending if you want the material to flow like silk or a heavier knit. The process is still the same.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Fabiana has a set of shaders which are designed for stockings. The ones she just released are for studio, but there is an older set for Poser procedurals. Firefly rather than Superfly, I expect.
First I'd have to get the stockings OBJ conformed to Dawn in Poser. I'll have to check into those and see. I haven't thought about stockings for my characters since, maybe, V3. I haven't used them in a long long time. Nice to know they still are in the marketplace if you want them.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Just a little play while Beta testing for Rae and finishing up on the Easter Pastel Tulip Textures in Poser. Image composed and rendered in Poser.

Blue Kitteh
Blue Kitteh.jpg

Products Used:
Sora for Dawn, Kitty for Dawn by Rae134 (coming soon), Dawn's Ear morphs, Messy Jessy Hair Poser (Custom colors), Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Easter Pastel Tulip Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips (also coming soon), Sora's Tenacity outfit custom colors, background Image is a conglomerate of a bunch of pictures from my backyard, small white flowers are seed brushes for Photoshop.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
First I'd have to get the stockings OBJ conformed to Dawn in Poser. I'll have to check into those and see. I haven't thought about stockings for my characters since, maybe, V3. I haven't used them in a long long time. Nice to know they still are in the marketplace if you want them.

No, no. The *shaders* are applied to the legs and *serve* as stockings. She includes toe caps to cover up the toe separation iirc. But the shaders *are* the stockings.

Miss B

CV-BEE
No, no. The *shaders* are applied to the legs and *serve* as stockings. She includes toe caps to cover up the toe separation iirc. But the shaders *are* the stockings.
Ohhhhhhh. Now that's interesting JOdel. thanks for the heads-up. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
My "Diamond Dress" for Dawn includes actual stockings for Poser and DS. :)
Hmmmm, going to have to check my Runtime, as I don't remember if I purchased that dress, and if I did, whether I installed it. I have a bad habit of not installing things as soon as I get them. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Pretty character, Traci. Is the wool from Filter Forge? ^^

Thanks, Ken. No, that's an MR from RDNA or Rendo (don't remember which, actually) just some knits. That's actually the Clothing Resource Kit for Dawn re-textured for my "Young Executive" kit bash.

Hornet3d

Wise
Just a little play while Beta testing for Rae and finishing up on the Easter Pastel Tulip Textures in Poser. Image composed and rendered in Poser.

Blue Kitteh
View attachment 24186
Products Used:
Sora for Dawn, Kitty for Dawn by Rae134 (coming soon), Dawn's Ear morphs, Messy Jessy Hair Poser (Custom colors), Lisa's Botanicals Tulips, Easter Pastel Tulip Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Tulips (also coming soon), Sora's Tenacity outfit custom colors, background Image is a conglomerate of a bunch of pictures from my backyard, small white flowers are seed brushes for Photoshop.

Great render, love the subdued colours.