• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Legionaire
Legionaire Armored Helmet Close Up
Caption
TITLE: "Legionaire"
MEDIA: "Pencil Illustration"
YEAR: 1992-2007
BACKGROUND:
A closeup of a Crennon Legionaire's helmet. Inspired greatly by the helmet and mask designs of Japanese Samurai, and armor designs of "Super Dimensional Cavalry - Southern Cross". Started after the linework drawing of "The Taking of Rhum's World", which I may upload later sometime, and only finished recently.

This image was created using Various types of pencil (Starting with a No. 2 Hard lead, and a few different mechanical pencils). It was rendered on a smooth tooth drawing surface, 70 lb. Typing paper (3.5 x 5 inch). The entire piece took me an unknown amount of time to complete. It was originally started about fourteen years ago, and only a quarter finished at that time. I decided to finish it off quite recently. Unfortunately I am still suffering from troubles with my drawing hand related to carpal tunnel, and was unable to get some of the clean lines I would have liked. The variances in apparent pencil depth are partly due to age, but mostly due to my scanner acting up.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata