• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Cyb
Pencil Illustration Circa 2006
Caption
TITLE: "Cyb"
MEDIA: "Pencil Illustration"
YEAR: 2006 (June)
BACKGROUND:
A Cybernetic Organism, CYB for short, stalks the ruins of one of the great cities of man. The machines spread like a Plague of Steel, wiping out all sentient organic life they encounter, without mercy.

A very Terminator & Terminator II inspired concept that was part and parcel of a roleplaying setting I ran for several years.

This image was created using a .05mm Technical Pencil and No. 2 Hard Lead pencils. It was rendered on a medium tooth drawing surface, found in a leatherbound, Tara sketchbook (8.5 x 11 inch). The entire piece took me an unknown amount of time to complete. The endoskeleton was drawn well over ten years ago, and only half finished at that time. About 2 years ago I finished the legs and added a piece of foreground rubble, and only now that I sat down and decided to finally add some depth and detail to the background, even then it was worked on sporadically. I am not completely happy with the background, but I still feel the overall piece is worthy of my online portfolio. I should note that while finishing the background I was still suffering from partial loss of sensation in my drawing hand, which is still not fully recovered.

Without Full viewing this, most of the detail will be lost. It is really a shame to miss all those intricacies.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Mecha
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata