• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Biomorph:Unnatural Selection
Genetic Engineering Gone Wrong
Caption
TITLE: "Biomorph:Unnatural Selection"
MEDIA: "Colored Pencil & Pencil"
YEAR: 2005 (September)
BACKGROUND:
"Engineered through genetic re-sequencing, and recombination, and artificially grown in great vats. Taught only obedience and the skills they need to perform their masters' bidding. The Biomorph are the latest in weapons. Exploiting the X-gene that causes genetic variance in humanity, producing those rare few individuals with unearthly powers, the Biomorphs are an almost perpetually-mutating creature. Capable of altering their physical form on a number of levels, to produce a number of effects. They are a predator of the modern battlefield."

This image was created using Prang colored pencils with 3.5mm cores and a .05mm Technical Pencil. It was rendered on a medium tooth drawing surface, 8.5x11 inch, as found in a leatherbound, Tara sketchbook. The entire piece took me an indeterminate amount of time to complete. It was first started in 1996, at which time the central figure was finished, but no further work was done. I revisited it this year as I decided to add a colorful background.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata